"Friendship with the world"

by Schizm 108 Replies latest jw friends

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

OK, that's it. Schizm, you are just going to continue to make personal attacks to defend your Watchtower-based eschatology and insist that you alone have the truth of the matter. You offer no evidence whatsoever that any of your assertions are correct; you just make them and that's supposed to prove that they are true - then you twist the meanings of plain statements to fit your preconceived notions about prophecy. Well, every cultist does the same thing. They all have the "one true answer". Now, because I decline to be as dogmatic about my interpretations of prophecy as you are about yours, you accuse me of indecisiveness. Continue to believe as you will and to twist plain, doctrinal scriptures like Romans 13 to fit your wild speculations and Watchtower-worship, if you wish. I'm not your judge.

But I am done with this thread. Now, I suppose you'll do a little victory dance and proclaim that you've won the battle. More power to you if that is what you choose, but trust me, you've lost in all the important ways. I don't suppose you'll understand what I mean by that, though.

• Schizm
    Schizm

Madman,

Continue to believe as you will and to twist plain, doctrinal scriptures like Romans 13 to fit your wild speculations and Watchtower-worship, if you wish. I'm not your judge.

Now there's a contradiction if I ever did seen one! You just rendered judgement but you say you're not my judge. Yeah, I'd say that its about time you threw in the towel on this thread. *LOL*

• Schizm
    Schizm

Rabbit,

....according to the Bible writers...only 3 people were ever created (by God) that were perfect... Adam, Eve and of course, Jesus, right?

No, that's not "right". All the angels were as perfect as Adam and Eve were. Not until they sinned did they lose their perfection.

Now...What kind of 'fair' God would introduce 'inherited sin' and subsequent death into the gene pool of billions and billions of the innocent offsping of HIS OWN CREATION ?

That ain't how it happened, Bugs. We sin because of a lack of proper upbringing/training, and genes have nothing to do with it.

What would have been wrong with a really 'patient and loving God'...who would have said,"Well, Adam, Eve... you guys...ya' f**ked up, but, hey...do better next time. After all, eating a piece of fruit, should not condemn you and ALL of mankind to pain, agony and death...should it? Hey...love you guys, too!"

Eating that piece of fruit is not as small a thing as you would like to believe. For them to go ahead and eat, after having been told not to, meant that they had determined to be their own rule-maker; that they had decided that self-rule was best for themselves. In effect, they were saying that they didn't need God's oversight. Like I've said to Neon, that is exactly how man's self-rule got started. That's basically the source of today's governments, as well as all governments of the past.

My simple, simple point is, He, could have simply disciplined the 'guilty' parties all thru mankinds history -- one at a time. If ANY human judge. were to mete out a punishment that would include ALL of the guity person's offspring, too -- he would viewed as barbaric !

You completely fail to understand how it works. I'll say it again: "We sin because of a lack of proper upbringing/training, and genes have nothing to do with it." Adam and Eve could not cultivate into their sons and daughters an appreciation of something that they no longer had themselves. No doubt they tried to some degree, as the case of Abel's actions show. But still yet, they weren't any longer in a position to be the best of parents in raising their children. Cain testifies to the correctness of that. Adam and Eve's disobedience has effected the rest of the human race the same as your wife's offspring would be adversely affected if she were a smoker while pregnant. Is God really "barbaric" because your wife's offspring is born deformed due to HER having smoked while pregnant?

To me...that is how I view most of the Bible's 'stories' -- barbaric. I do still believe in a loving God, I just don't think the Bible properly represents him.

Of course, that's only my opinion...and my brain is f**ked up...

I'll second that commotion!

• shotgun
    shotgun

Schizm your ticking people off and soon they won't want to play with you.

No, that's not "right". All the angels were as perfect as Adam and Eve were. Not until they sinned did they lose their perfection.
    Do you think 1/3 of the stars of heaven fell away from God to join Satan as the bible states? Would you say those are pretty drastic numbers for perfect angels who are able to witness the power and glory of almighty God and who would know any opposers are doomed to destruction? It also means that many perfect creations have sinned and fall short.
    That ain't how it happened, Bugs. We sin because of a lack of proper upbringing/training, and genes have nothing to do with it.
    Are babies born perfect and with the ability to live forever if trained peroperly?
    Eating that piece of fruit is not as small a thing as you would like to believe. For them to go ahead and eat, after having been told not to, meant that they had determined to be their own rule-maker; that they had decided that self-rule was best for themselves. In effect, they were saying that they didn't need God's oversight.
    When Jesus stayed behind at the Temple because he was caught up in discussions it caused great stress to his parents. By his answer to them he implied it was not his fault they should have known where he would be. Was his careless act less rebellious than Eve eating a fruit after being tricked by one of Gods more intelligent creations?
  • Rabbit
    Rabbit

Rabbit:

....according to the Bible writers...only 3 people were ever created (by God) that were perfect... Adam, Eve and of course, Jesus, right?

Schisms:

Oh, really...? Didja' happen to notice where I said, "people?" Huh...?

Schisms:

You completely fail to understand how it works. I'll say it again: "We sin because of a lack of proper upbringing/training, and genes have nothing to do with it." Adam and Eve could not cultivate into their sons and daughters an appreciation of something that they no longer had themselves.

Adam and Eve's disobedience has effected the rest of the human race the same as your wife's offspring would be adversely affected if she were a smoker while pregnant. Is God really "barbaric" because your wife's offspring is born deformed due to HER having smoked while pregnant?

Lack of upbringing ? Whew. I think I see why 'Neon' decided to stop beating his head against a stump...

Genes...have everything to do with it ! What do you think happens when you smoke or you are exposed to other harmful chemicals or drugs ? It can damage chromosones...carbon dioxide and monoxide in the mother's blood stream crowds out oxygen causing damage to the mother and her baby's brain, body and genetic material.

That is a fact...

..."upbringing"...geez louise... What about all the millions of people born with disorders over the centuries? All the retardation, deformities, pre-disposition toward certain diseases...? All of this...because of "lack of upbringing/training" ? If the Adam & Eve story is true...the Bible proves my point...God himself 'changed' something genetically in them. That is the only way you can 'inherit' death and certain diseases and disorders. The only thing left are diseases we contract or accidents and of course what we do to ourselves and others.

I think you have some reading to do.

Rabbit:

To me...that is how I view most of the Bible's 'stories' -- barbaric. I do still believe in a loving God, I just don't think the Bible properly represents him. Of course, that's only my opinion...and my brain is f**ked up...

Schisms:

I'll second that commotion!
    Oh, yeah...you took the bait. I knew you would. If I belittled myself, I knew you would take up the flag...
  • Schizm
    Schizm
    Schizm your ticking people off and soon they won't want to play with you.

Are you saying that YOU are ticked off, ShotWad?

If so, then I've accomplished a good thing.

• Schizm
    Schizm

Bugs,

Rabbit:

Schisms:

Oh, really...? Didja' happen to notice where I said, "people?" Huh...?

Jesus was an angel at the time of his 'creation' ... not a "people".

The rest of your comments and assertions only show that you aren't very well educated. I don't think I'll take the time this evening in order to educate you. Say goodnight to the unfortunate person in your life and go to bed.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Schizms:

Jesus was an angel at the time of his 'creation' ... not a "people".

Jesus...was a human when on earth. You know that. It's very clear you simply love to argue -- over the simplest iota...of n o t h i n g...*sigh* He was the 3rd perfect human. You know that, too, but, you'll ignore my point anyway...*sigh*

The rest of your comments and assertions only show that you aren't very well educated. I don't think I'll take the time this evening in order to educate you.

If you say so, Doc. Thank you for not 'educating' me, that is a true blessing. Yippe-kiyay...

Say goodnight to the unfortunate person in your life and go to bed.
    Goodnight Schizms...take the red pill. Oh, uh, Sweet Dreams...
  • gumby
    gumby

Until they took that step nobody--not Satan, not the angels, not even God Himself--knew what they would do.

Schizm speaks for the lord.....how nice.

That's kinda risky for the lord ain't it Schizm......not knowing the outcome of certain things? Man....think of this.....god plans on sending his son to redeem mankind, Satan offers him the White House and the Pentegon....and Jesus takes him up on it! Boy oh boy Skitzum....what would god do then, have another kid and hope this next one would be faithful and try all over again to redeem mankind

I guess you just chuck out the parts of the bible in which god tells the finale of things eh? How does god know the finale if he doesn't know the future?

Gumby

• anuva
    anuva

hi there ..

i am a newbie.....and i wish say hello to all in this forum,

for all i would also like to tell that , i am in love, with a sweet and kind soul , who happen to be jehovahs witnesses. As expected i am also a bible study with a JW , so that i learn the truest religion of the world , for which my sweet love is ready to happily give her life .

i came from easten ,asian country and prior to meeting my soulmate i had not much knowledge about christianity , more than , that jesus was very kind and loving guide to the world .

but position has changed in past 7-8 months i had learnt.

any way about ..........'friendship with the world'

i want to say to you friend that for all confusions......when bible's advice is concerned.....

i know one thing well established in bible as i have seen( though i am open to correction alwasy!!)

son of god jesus christ is above all others concerned in the bible , all prophets and others , because son knew the will of the father Jehovah much above the other prophets.

and that .....it is sufficient to read book of matthews to understand that - love thy neighbour - commandment is must requiement for all true christians- which obviously includes friendships with world- world ly to jesus means one who is greedy , fornicator, murdered and other bad practicing people , not everything except WT & BTS , as their literature wants us to .

......wish to be heared and to learn more

follower of truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit