"Friendship with the world"

by Schizm 108 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Anuva, you and your sweetheart are approaching your faith with compassion and ethics. That is wonderful! When you apply the bible to your life, I advise you to always read in context. What does the scripture say before and after? Read with an open mind, considering, what was the writer fully trying to say? I find Jehovah's Witnesses jump all over the place in order to justify their beliefs. Athiests, too, pull bits of scripture out to try and prove the bible is inconsistent. It is not very good scholarship to start with a firm belief and go look for scriptures to support it.

The admonition to reject even their own children I heard only a week ago, and the supporting scripture quoted is as follows:

Deu 13:6-11

If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, who is to thee as thy soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods (whom thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; of the gods of the peoples which are round about you, near unto thee, or far from thee, from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth), thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye spare him, neither shalt thou pity him, neither shalt thou screen him, but thou shalt in any case kill him: thy hand shall be the first against him to put him to death, and afterwards the hands of all the people; and thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; for he hath sought to draw thee away from Jehovah thy God who brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage; and all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wicked thing as this in thy midst.

The trick is that Jehovah's Witnesses believe that anybody who is a baptized Witness who later leaves the faith over difference in doctrine (ANY DOCTRINE) is apostate. Read Shunned Father's posts here. He was not even allowed to be at his daughter's side when she died.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

This guy Schism is referred to as a J W - . Come on, I know J W's , J Ws have been my friends.

This man is NO J. W. !!

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Blues...you're probably right. Maybe he's newly 'out' or ? But he does know how to argue in a circle...never getting anywhere.

• anuva
    anuva

Dear schzism….

I again meditated on your confusions you posted….

I would like to share with you …following points with respect to Definition of "world ".

• It depends on how you define what constitutes the world as indicated in bible ?
    • bible’s world spoken is constituted of greedy people,filthy rich people who don’t spend money for welfare of poor ones, those who are involve in immoral activities , those who are in the politics that is killing people instead of making all peopple’s welfare .

I clearly see that there is no black and white distinction for world as far as bible’s definition is concerned, many political people were serving people ‘s genuine interests …just one for example ….."Nelson Mandela against Apartheid of South Africa " …..and there are no doubt that many are bad politicians; it for individual to judge and act conscientiously , as is NOW rightly spoken with the help of timely NEW LIGHT by watchtower ..Participation in politics is conscientious decision..

• Following the words and conduct of Son of god jesus , all true Christians are bound to follow his advice to follow matthew 4:23 --healing all manner of sickness, and all manner of disease among the people , if any person claims himself to be true Christian and neglects HEALING WORKS ….i am sure any follower will be guilty of being GOAT . from book of Matthew
    • MT 25:33 And he will set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

MT 25:34 Then will the King say to them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

MT 25:35 For I was hungry, and ye gave me food: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

MT 25:36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came to me.

MT 25:37 Then will the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee hungry, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

MT 25:38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

MT 25:39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came to thee?

MT 25:40 And the king will answer and say to them, Verily I say to you, Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me.

MT 25:41 Then will he say also to them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

MT 25:42 For I was hungry, and ye gave me no food: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

MT 25:43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye

Whom would you follow schzism , will you be the sheep and perform the serving and healing works , or would you like to be a goat by not performing what is desired by son of god .would you spend preaching mere words , like Pharisees , or would you like to follow jesus .

PS – no one pleases father by rejecting the son, and no one reaches father except through SON.

• well schzism you talked a lot about SERVING Army and military and how they can afford to consider themselves to be away from the world , am I right ? .. I clearly see that all depends a lot in our conscientious decisions, a well conscientious soldier does much more good to society and cause of righteousness than the one PREACHING mere words , am I wrong ?

I see it in the words of son of our god jesus when he said …these for those who make PEACE ….

Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peace-makers: for they shall be called children of God.

I understand the regard Jesus speaks about for those who are responsible and working hard in alien conditions to establish Peace.

Yes again I agree that most of military campaigns are for lusts of power of mad leaders. Thus it is right to make a person conscientious, rather than condemning all as equal , neglecting advise and conduct of son of god .

A true Christian who IF in army will serve with conscience, and work to establish Peace and cause of righteousness, and let us work to make the conscience of soldiers so much strong that they refuse to carry out unjustified orders of their leaders .

I didn’t under stand schzism , how you understand that playinf in football team or tennis ,or volleyball team , how do you understand that the every team member is full of sins and are part of bad habits which bible says are worldly , how can anybody by merely playing becomes FRIEND of world, I feel by taking example to extreme that by playing with any team will make us sinner , it is just attempt to promote ALIENATION ..!!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Boy, anuva, those are very deep thoughts there! Your sweetheart is very lucky to have you as a study partner. If you don't mind my asking, what is your native language?

• anuva
    anuva

oh jgnat ...call it power of passion ,my dedication to make my soulmate happy made me give my best , and right now i can assure you that i can discuss almost every of WTS beleif about bible and let them see they are nothing but exploiters, the only thing that hurts me is the impact of control of mind that they do ,where i find myself almost fully on mercy of my god and my lord, the way innocent lives are imprisoned and chained away from small sweet moments of happiness of life by WTBTS exploiting the holy book of bible moved my heart.

even before i set to study bible, i was sure that bible can never be so cruel as portrayed by WTS, and i gave my all to kow it , and to share it with my soulmate.

well as for my background, i wish to tell you that english was never my native language, i was brought up in society where WTS and their christianity are almost unheared of.

• anuva
    anuva

did the friendship pf schzism with world died ???

i wonder he asked me know bible , and now where is he gone ? is he indicating that he is not gonna tell us who is going to behave in unbiblical life , and who is going to be SHEEP and WHO IS GOING TO BE GOAT ...

i wiat ....??????

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Anuva, waiting for Schisms to answer questions to things he's brought up will take a really long time.

He would rather bring up odd-ball ideas about stuff, get everybody to try and answer logically, then when he gets backed into a corner, because he has no answer...he simply disappears.

Time after time...

• anuva
    anuva

oh yes , that seems like the mind trained by WTS people?? isn't it

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit