Store manager fired for foiling robbery

by Big Tex 38 Replies latest social current

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

mkr32208

And that, my friends is why everyone who is legaly able to do so should carry a firearm... Something small, easily concealed like the Para-arms .45 ten shot warthog or the Taurus Millenium pro. Both very small very powerful. Don't attempt to pull it out and confront them though don't even act like your armed say yes sir mister robber and no sir mister robber and hey do you see that money on the safe and when he turns to get it you simply place the barrel of said gun to the back of his head and blow him straight back to Jehovah!

Yeah! Rock and roll! That's what we need to solve violence! More violence!

As the USA has allowed personal weapon ownership to transcend all bounds of common sense, there is anargument for arming everyone. You wouldn't even need to make any more guns, just share all the ones there are out equally.

It's a pretty dumb argument. BUt you can't magic away a couple of hundred million weapons, and as I've commented before, all that happens if you try to take them away is give the NRA an orgasm.

It's a shitty scenario; I'm glad I live in Europe where I am very very unlikely to be killed.

There were 62 murders with firearms in the UK in 1999. There were 8,259 in the USA in the same year. SInce the US population is about 4.3 times what it is in the UK, that means if the USA was as safe a country as most European countries you'd have about 270 muders a year.

You have over 30 times that level. You poor bastards.

Hey - let's be careful out there!

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief
    As the USA has allowed personal weapon ownership to transcend all bounds of common sense, there is anargument for arming everyone. You wouldn't even need to make any more guns, just share all the ones there are out equally.

abaddon - your idiocy is showing. There are already laws on the books that would have prevented those teenage thieves from possessing, wielding, or using firearms in a crime. BUT THEY WERE CRIMINALS, hence they BREAK THE LAW. The USA didn't "allow" it. It has always been this way - everyone in the USA has a gun of some kind, just about.

"Yes, more gun laws, that will solve it... (except there already thousands and none of them mean a damn thing.) After all, more government is always the answer. The government is my mother, my protector, my friend, my secret lover..."

The corporation's policy is similar to most corporation policy, since criminals are allowed to sue for damages they receive while committing a crime. Which is a liberal concept (getting healed through judicial settlement). Johnny Edwards made billions with cases like that.

It's a shitty scenario; I'm glad I live in Europe where I am very very unlikely to be killed.

Yeah. I'm glad you live in Europe, too. I hope it stays nice, safe, and playpen soft for you. Otherwise, heaven forfend, you'd have to come here. Yuk.

CZAR

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Okay I just sent them via their comment form:

You idiots fired a manager for resisting a robbery. I understand and actually agree with your policy, but when the man thinks he is being marched to the back of the store to be killed I think he *should* resist!

You morons, hire the man back with an apology and pay for the days he missed.

I will never, and I mean never, step into your stores.

How frikkin stupid are you?

Send this to corporate.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Well, boycotting Long John Silver's won't be a problem for me.

There were 62 murders with firearms in the UK in 1999. There were 8,259 in the USA in the same year.

And I'll bet a disproportionately large amount of those U.S. murders were in Texas! Do you know, we have NO WAITING PERIOD for the purchase of a gun? All you have to do is sign a stupid form that states you're in your right mind and aren't going to use the gun for nefarious purposes or to do yourself harm. That's what the clerk at Academy Sports told me when I called to say that my father had shot himself with a gun purchased from their store. "But he signed the form!" Oh, well, of COURSE that makes a difference!

"Right to bear arms," indeed.

Nina

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Good for you confusedjw!

Yeah I think this is all about money, and insurance, and liability. But then you get idiociy like this happen, and so common sense and decency go out the window. Just amazing to me.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Incredibly lame! I can see following corporate policy the best you can, but he was totally justified in his actions since he felt his life was in imminent danger.

Damn pointy-haired bosses!

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

abaddon - your idiocy is showing.

Agreed

There are already laws on the books that would have prevented those teenage thieves from possessing, wielding, or using firearms in a crime. BUT THEY WERE CRIMINALS, hence they BREAK THE LAW. The USA didn't "allow" it. It has always been this way - everyone in the USA has a gun of some kind, just about.

Right, people kill people the gun is just an instrument! If there weren't any guns around they would surely find some other kind of weapon.

Yeah. I'm glad you live in Europe, too. I hope it stays nice, safe, and playpen soft for you. Otherwise, heaven forfend, you'd have to come here. Yuk.

Me too.

M'

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

czar

Oh, you have a point. Places like Canada and Switzerland show that people can have guns without killing each other with them.

Given that, one has to ask; why the hell do Americans kill each other so much? Online and in the media I have come across Americans that are pretty annoying, but I'd not actually shoot them. And those I've met here in Europe or America tend to be charming people. You can't all be violent thugs. I think very few are, as in most countries.

I don't believe any shit about you being rough-hewn frontier man. It's ridiculous to think you shoot each other because of a John Wayne fixation.

You're often excessively religious, which makes the killing even more curious as most of your religions don't practise human sacrifice.

So it has to be something about how society, or perhaps different portions of society, interact. And perhaps about living in a culture which is somewhat enured to violence.

So even if you got rid of guns, you'd probably still be killing each other disproportionately compared to most civilised countries.

Did you know the multiple of deaths in New York as compared to London has remained similar for over a hundred years? Even before WWI when gun ownership was fra higher in England?

So, you can't even blame the media, or fear stirring politians; see I disagee with Michael Moore.

Why do YOU think Americans kill each other so much?

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

I got this reply today from my complaint to them [see above]

Dear Mr. [Confusedjw]:

At Long John Silver's Customer Support, we received your comments today.
    We have forwarded your message to the regional vice president and the
    area manager for Richardson, Texas. Long John Silver's Field Personnel
    will receive your comments within 24-48 hours and will contact you. Our
    desire is to ensure Long John Silver's remains your choice for fresh and
    affordable fish, chicken, and seafood.

Thank you Mr. [Confusedjw] for sharing your comments.

Sincerely,

Ann

Long John Silver's Customer Support
    Surf's Up, Dive In

P.S. Please retain your Case Number in the subject line. This will help us
    locate your information should you need us again.

Let's see if these zipperheads can do the right thing.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Our desire is to ensure Long John Silver's remains your choice for fresh and
    affordable fish, chicken, and seafood.

Yeah I love how they have to slip a commercial into their reply.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit