Wow, the forum is very slow

by FlyingHighNow 35 Replies latest jw friends

• besty
    besty

simon - maybe consider doing a video cap of yourself walking through the various features and how to best use the site?

• BU2B
    BU2B
    I dont like this new version as much, since I found the older version simpler and easier to read and use.  However I am trying to get used to this one as best I can.  I am just happy I can login and participate again!
  • Simon
    Simon
    Yeah, I think I'll make a HOWTO video as the same questions keep coming up. Hopefully things should make more sense then.
  • Giordano
    Giordano

I am getting much more comfortable with the new site and appreciate all of the hard work. I have managed to stay logged on using Google Chrome so I can come and go without worrying about logging back on.

Spell check is working very well ( If your misspelled word doesn't red line right click on any word  and then reg click on 'spell check options' and that seems to wake it up) Everyone using spell check reads like their IQ increased 20 percent.

The Related Topic section to the right of the screen does not seem to relate to the topic at hand but I still check it out and found a few topics I missed out on so it's all good.

• Simon
    Simon
    The Related Topic section to the right of the screen does not seem to relate to the topic at hand but I still check it out and found a few topics I missed out on so it's all good.

Yeah, that is a little simplistic right now so it's hit and miss. I have a much better version but it's based on ElasticSearch which means I need to setup a service to use it etc... instead of using the inbuilt search service.  It's on the TODO list so expect it to improve at some point. It will be part of improving the search functionality as well.

I took the advice to create the first how-to video which I hope some will find helpful:

Video: How to use the site / basic navigation

• snare&racket
    snare&racket
    Cheers Si, top bloke 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit