Video: How to use the site / basic navigation

by Simon 17 Replies latest forum tech-support

• Simon
    Simon

Please don't laugh - I just threw this together and didn't bother making a script first so probably repeat myself or make no sense at all at times.

Hopefully it will demonstrate a few tips for using the site more effectively.

I'll do one on signing up and logging in next and also how to edit, reply etc...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx5d3ct0y50

• Giordano
    Giordano
    Good job............ that should help.
  • cofty
    cofty
    Marking. Thanks
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

On IE11 I can't find the snippet options on the right hand side or anything at all including ads. It's all right on Firefox though. 

• Simon
    Simon

Other topics I'll try and do video's for:

• Sign-up / Sign-in
    • Updating profile / avatar
    • Starting new topics and posting replies / editing
    • Quoting, adding smilies / emojis, fixing HTML
    • Voting and flagging posts
    • Sending and receiving messages
    • When things don't work

If there is anything anyone would specifically like covered that isn't in the above list then just let me know. I'll try and create a proper script so it's more condensed / less waffling.

• besty
    besty
    good job - learned a few things there - thanks Simon.
  • Giordano
    Giordano

When I opened my topics site and clicked through a few pages of responses after I got to the last page I could click back to page one but could not click back to my topic page to read another topic. I had to close out of the entire JW.Com site and start from the very beginning by clicking on the Forum then looking for my most recent image response on other topics so I can hover over my image until I could click on my topics  again scroll down and pick up the next my topic. This has happened about 5 out of nine times.

So My image at the log out area or attached to my response submit do not open up and allow a person to check their personal input.

However the other reason I am posting this is the neat thing I discovered. Which is I had more responses then I remembered.

In fact more then a few times I had had no responses until the topic was lost in the  back pages on the old site. When there are little or no responses it is discouraging and a few times I doubted my ability to communicate. Somehow or other there Were more responses. 

So now we can monitor the 'our topic started site' and engage with later comers.  Which is a good thing. Anyway it's pat myself on the back as I reread some of my most engaging and intelligent topics that I had forgotten about.

• Simon
    Simon

Sometimes it's just timing - a post just doesn't attract the attention it deserves maybe because the title is unclear, there are other topics taking people's attention or people simply can't think of what to say or have nothing to say.

We've all had topics that are ignored - it's just part of forum life, don't take it personally :)

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    WOW its great. Nice to put a voice to Simon
  • cantleave
    cantleave

Thank you 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit