My Brother's Funeral (Part One)

by doodle-v 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• teejay
    teejay

Sorry for your brother's passing Doodle. I wasn't here when you posted about it last year.

That had to be tough. Don't know if I could have/would have handled it as well as you, especially when the preacher got up and started to sermonize. Glad you and J have each other, though. I'm sure that made it a little easier.

Holla.

((( Doodle )))

• Special K
    Special K

Hi doodle

So sorry for the loss of your young brother.

You did very well in accepting all the j.w. family into your home during such a tragedy.

hugs to you.

Special K

• MelbaToast
    MelbaToast

Doodle:

You have more courage than I, dear one. ((hug)). It has been three years since my fathers passing, and I can remember vivdly the whole thing, just like you. However, I don't have the strength to let it go yet. He was also memorialized, and my mother insisted we have it at the KH, it wasn't even in the childrens hands. Loads of JW's, and during my dads funeral talk, the elder giving it decided to omit both me and my sisters name because we were df'd. Such selfish people will get what they deserve. Just remember it is out of your hands. I was glad you were able to have the recption at your house. There were all sorts of roaches JWs crawling around after my dads memorial, and I felt so upset that I could not get up and read a poem or state how much I would miss him. Be strong.

Melba

• Larry
    Larry

Doodle - Thanks for sharing. My condolences to you and your family.

It's amazing how we view things once we leave the BORG. I recall being in the BORG giving that same funeral talk thinking what a great witness I give (of course I would count that time). Now I couldn't even listen to five seconds of that rhetoric, in fact, I walked out of one a few years ago.

That's a great picture! I was memorized by it - couldn't take my eyes off of it.

Looking forward to reading part two.

Peace - Larry :)

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

((((((Doodle))))))

I am so sorry for you and your family. My JW Mom died a few years ago from cancer, in her case a blood transfusion may have saved her, od course that never happened. In your brothers case was it a factor?

Hang in there...it does get less painful as time passes...

Love to you all...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit