Am I the only one who didn't know this?

by Mulan 32 Replies latest social entertainment

• Odrade
    Odrade

He did die again, but they brought him back again. He's living on a desert island... MORE next week... bwahahahaha!

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo
    Ravi Shankar is the guru that the Beatles (60's rock group, Paul McCartney, John Lennon, George Harrison and Ringo Star) hooked up with for spiritual enlightenment. In their later recordings if you hear a sitar or similar east Indian music, chances are Ravi's playing or had some influence.

This is a partially correct answer. Ravi Shankar is the Sitar musician who George Harrison hooked up with when George was looking into new sounds.

Maharishi Mahesh Yogi was the Indian guru who the Beatles went to for spiritual enlightenment. He turned out to be a fraud, and the Beatles broke off from him. The song, "Sexy Sadie" from the "White Album" is a poison pen letter to the Maharishi.

George always stayed on good terms with Shankar, however. If you watch the video "Concert for George", he and his musicians perform in the first part.

Just thought I'd clear that up!

Captain "Mean Mr Mustard" Schmideo

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

I did not know that about Norah!! Very interesting indeed. I just found out a few days ago that Mariska Hargitay from 'Law and Order: Special Victims Unit' Is Jayne Mansfield's daughter!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Don't feel bad Mulan I'm a real dummy when it comes to this stuff Look!

Norah Jones' father is Ravi Shankar. Ravi Shankar is the sitar player that used to play with the Beatles

Who is Nora Jones?

Angelina Jolie/John Voigt Ok I know who these are but I didn't know they were related

maya rudolph is minnie ripperton's daughter Who? and who?

Lenny Kravitz' mother is Roxie Roker Well I've heard of Lenny but and know her but didn't know they were related either

Jennifer Aniston's dad is John Aniston/ Victor Kiriakis from Days of Our Lives ? Heeeee?s baaaack again and again AHA something I know

Princess was Mulan's daughter Another one I knew

Darth Vader is the father of Luke Skywalker Um yes I I did know this one too

Now if I could think maybe I could stump you all too but my brain is mush right now

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Who is the father of who???? Never heard of either of them.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I knew of Angelina and Norah, but the only familial connection I knew was the one on this board.

Actually, I would have been totally depressed if I'd not known who Angelina was... go figure

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Glad that there are others who-don't-know-who-is-who's-dad-or-mom or even who is the person.

Nora Jones, Lenny Kravitz are names I heard of (would'nt recognize them),

The Star War names are familiar too - did'nt know about the family ties -

For the rest (except Mulan & Princess and The Beatles) no bells are ringing.

• blondie
    blondie

I knew all of those...I gotta get a life.

Blondie

• Special K
    Special K

Okay let me see...

Norah Jones and her father. NOPE , I didn't know that.

Jennifer Anniston and her father. NOPE, I didn't know that. I use soap, but I don't watch soaps.

Angelina Joli and father John Voit. YUP, I knew that one. I'm a tomb raider fan but glad she doesn't sport the pointy boobs like in the Playstation game. Man those things would be dangerous.

Princess and Mulan.. daughter and mother. YUP, I knew that one. and that Mulan makes a super plum jam and I'll guess she gave princess some of that jam?

and

Steve Egner is Mulans son in law. YUP, that is the way it goes since Princess is married to that fisher/guy who loves to fish. lol

and

Liam sitting on Little Toe's lap is his nephew. YUP, I knew that one.

that's all for now

Special K

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz
    Mariska Hargitay from 'Law and Order: Special Victims Unit' Is Jayne Mansfield's daughter!

I didn't know this one.. wow!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit