Am I the only one who didn't know this?

by Mulan 32 Replies latest social entertainment

• Mulan
    Mulan

I was watching Jeopardy in the kitchen, while cooking a little while ago, and found out that Norah Jones' father is Ravi Shankar. I had never heard that before.

Interesting.

• heathen
    heathen

I was surprised to find out that Angelina Jolies father is John Voit ...

• Princess
    Princess

I don't even know who he is. So you aren't the only one.

Some people don't know that you are my mom.

I did know the Angelina Jolie/John Voigt connection though. They aren't close.

• CeriseRose
    CeriseRose

Well if you'd asked it last week Mulan, I'd have said no. As it happens, my fiancé told me about Norah and Ravi just last weekend. Prior to that I hadn't a clue.

Ravi Shankar is the guru that the Beatles (60's rock group, Paul McCartney, John Lennon, George Harrison and Ringo Star) hooked up with for spiritual enlightenment. In their later recordings if you hear a sitar or similar east Indian music, chances are Ravi's playing or had some influence.

Edited: I did not know that Princess was Mulan's daughter. Wow.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Well, I just learned all sorts of new things! Actually only one -- I knew who Norah Jones was but I didn't know who her dad was. I DID know that Princess was Mulan's daughter, and I was aware that Angelina Jolie's dad is John Voight. So I guess I'm only partially out of the loop.

Nina

• Funchback
    Funchback

I knew about Nora and Ravi. There's a photo of them together in her second CD.

Also, were you aware that Darth Vader is the father of Luke Skywalker?

• harleyquinn
    harleyquinn

i knew about angelina & john voight...but they aren't on speaking terms.....also knew about norah & ravi....didn't know about princess & mulan....and, what?! darth is luke's father?! hee hee..just kidding..i knew that too...

how about this one: maya rudolph is minnie ripperton's daughter...not that i expect too many people to know either, but i wanted to play too!

• Badger
    Badger
    Norah Jones' father is Ravi Shankar.

That's funny...she was calling me Daddy last night...

• Mulan
    Mulan

Lenny Kravitz' mother is Roxie Roker. I didn't know that either. She was on The Jeffersons and played the black woman married to the white man, TV's first interracial couple.

• Princess
    Princess

Jennifer Aniston's dad is Victor Kiriakis on Days of our Lives. At least he was until they killed his character...and then brought him back...I think he died again though?

Sorry, that's all I could come up with...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit