I just needed to talk to some friends......

by tyydyy 22 Replies latest jw friends

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

I know I haven't posted here in a while but maybe some of you will remember me. I've been having a sad night and I needed to tell someone that I thought would care. It's too late to talk to anyone on the phone so I thought I would talk to you guys. I've always seen and sometimes experienced the love of the people on this board. Anyway....My mother is having a hard time in her battle with cancer. I got a call from my Dad tonight and it really triggered a lot of sadness for me. They're both still Jws but I still love them. I miss my Mom. I'm sad that she'll soon be gone and I wish ...... hope she will understand that I've never stopped loving her and I never will. TimB

• PointBlank
    PointBlank

Hi TD,

I'm really sorry to hear about your mother's deteriorating health. We too are at that age when our parents are starting to pass away. My father in law and mother in law both died recently. It was rough watching them go through that.

But as a parent, let me just say this...your mother knows you love her. Mothers just know things like that about their kids. And she loves you too...don't ever doubt it. She can't help herself.

Kind regards, PB

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

(((tyydyy)))

It's not to late to call someone.

Lisa

• FMZ
    FMZ

Hey there Tyy.

You don't know me, and I admittedly know very little about you mate, but our thoughts and prayers are with you and your parents.

And, it is never too late to call a friend. Heck, want my cell #?

Stay strong, bud. We're with you.

Keith J.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Tim send flowers or a gift and let her know you still love her.

(((Tim))) for you. It's ok to cry and grieve. Loss is hard at any time. Having the JW wall of banishment makes it harder but not impossible. Say your goodbyes any and every way you can.

• morty
    morty

((((((Tim))))))

Any of your true friends would except your phone call at any time of the night...I am very sorry to hear about your mom....Be strong my friend...Your in my thoughts...

Morty

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

See I knew you guys would come through for me. Thank you for your love and prayers. I don't really want to be cheered up because I sometimes have a tendency to supress my strongest emotions but I just needed to feel some love as I sit here remembering the love of my mother. I wish everyone could have had a mother just like mine. I'm sure if she knew how I was feeling right now she'd love to comfort me and maybe even lay a cool rag on my forehead and talk to me soothingly. Tim

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

(((tyydyy))) I'm sorry about your mother. Mine is dying too (Alzheimer's -- last stages) and it is agonizing to watch her go so very slowly, little by little. My only comfort is that she is not aware of her surroundings and is not in any pain. My dad went quickly and I'm not sure which is the better way, or if there is a "best" way to say goodbye. Probably not.

A friend of mine at work, whose dad recently died of cancer, gave me a wonderful article written by a hospice nurse called "Crossing the Creek." It had some amazing insights into what a person who is dying goes through, both physically and spiritually. When I first read it, it hit me quite powerfully and I think most of what is written is true to some extent.

If you think you would like to read it, please let me know how to reach you and I'll send you a copy.

Hugs,

Nina

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

((((((((((Tim))))))))))) I'm sorry about your mom.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

If you're still up you might want to pop into chat, you never know who is on the board.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit