Why aren't you guys working?

by pennycandy 34 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

Something to do with it being 7:00 pm in the UK!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    how are you american members able to post during work hours?

I'm making up for the crappy raise I got. If they want me to work more, pay me more.

• Snapdragon
    Snapdragon

I think Nos said it all. I guess that's our famous american work ethic!

Me, my job is feast or famine. I like to play with all the other JWD kids during famine time.

~Snap

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I'm retired and have become quite skilled in goofing off. Not for long though.....I start a part time job on Monday driving access van for the elderly.

HappyDad

• Princess
    Princess

While Steve is out plumbing, I'm at home answering the phones, keeping the books and general housework along with shopping and marathon training and trying to start a personal training business. I keep an eye on the board in between all that stuff.

Rachel

• Mulan
    Mulan

I have a very small marketing business, that I keep track of with my computer, getting email orders, and sometimes packing things to mail to International customers, mainly Japan, Singapore and an occasional package to Britain or Germany. All of that is done in my home office. I also answer the phone and refer customers for my husband's business.

Mainly I am just here. Both of those things take very little of my time................but there are days that I am on the computer almost all day, filling orders.

So, in between, I am on this board a lot.

• seven006
    seven006

***Dave, are'nt you self employed?***

Yes I am.

Dave

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

I'm on-call. So sometimes my days are free.

Other days, I usually post early morning or late evening.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I'm a stay-at-home mom, minus the kid: he's 18, and moved out. My profession is a writer, but I don't like writing computer manuals any more. BORING. I take care of the house, the ranch, the husband, the cars, and all the animals. But I can take any day, or two, off, if I like. I go to school sometimes, about a few semesters to go, but I'm in no rush. I have been working on my degree for 20 years, what's two more semesters? That's why I'm here on and off during the day. Plus.. who can stay away from these FABULOUS people? <grin>

Country Spoil

• Ghosthunter
    Ghosthunter

CG-

You ARE spoiled!

Hugs!

GH

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit