Why aren't you guys working?

by pennycandy 34 Replies latest jw friends

• pennycandy
    pennycandy

As a stay-at-home mom, I can occasionally find a few minutes every few days to play on the computer, but the amount of activity on this forum during US working hours is pretty surprising. Folks from other parts of the world notwithstanding, how are you american members able to post during work hours?

• jwbot
    jwbot

I am working right now...*pets dog, snacks, takes meds*

I am a full time student and I also work for the Climate Change Institute (the guys who trek accross Antarctica getting ice cores) and when I am not in class, I work from my home computer updating and maintaining the institutes websites. Ahh the life...

• avishai
    avishai

Stay at home Dad.

• kls
    kls

Work i don't need to work i am wealthy. NOT. Actually i was a stay at home mom then went to work but quit my outside job about 9 years ago . I have one son still at home and he is 20. So now i am a unemployed bum.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Slacking employee

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I'm a network administrator, and posting on discussion boards is an excellent way for me to monitor the quality of the company's internet connectivity.

Walter

• Ghosthunter
    Ghosthunter

I AM at work. Just on my lunch break. I think a lot of people post during their work hours as well. Personal computer use at work is hard to monitor, unless you have a savvy IT department. Or a nosy boss.

I, on the other hand, have a privacy screen.

• Gopher
    Gopher

We're allowed a 1-hour lunch plus 2 15-minute breaks. And we can use the Internet here as long as it is not unduly interfering with the network.

So...Since I don't smoke, I have time to come here and read and even post sometimes during the day.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I work nights

• seven006
    seven006

Well, since you asked, my boss is a real moron and he makes me work way to hard, so I play on the computer when he isn't looking. I say screw him, he hasn't given me a vacation in eight years and I need my play time. Working at NASA can be a real pain in the ass.

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit