E-watchman is not disfellowshipped!?

by Noumenon 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Noumenon
    Noumenon

I note that e-watchman has just confirmed that he is not disfellowshipped, despite running an 'apostate' website and having sent 1000's of letters around the US, Canada, and Bethels around the world. This from his latest mailbag questions and answers:

"As for any judicial action taken against me, no, there was none. I am still in good standing in the congregation. Apparently, the Watchtower's Legal department advised that they not take any judicial action unless I was spreading the NGO affair among the local publishers, which I wasn't and do not intend to. "
    I must admit I am dumbstruck to learn that the Society have decided not to disfellowship him. Cripes, he has his own 'apostate' website bashing the Society leadership and has sent thousands of letters everywhere with his real name on them. The twisted reasoning seems to be that because he's done nothing locally and hasn't caused divisions in his own congregations, that he can remain in good standing? Bizarre!

Now what disturbs me is not that he hasn't been disfellowshipped, because I don't think someone should be disfellowshipped just for having different interpretations about prophecy and speaking calmly about them, but what really gets my goat is how the Society have disfellowshipped 1000's of persons in the past for merely speaking to others about things they disagree with from the Society, yet e-watchman gets off scott-free! How twisted is this?

I have heard it said by someone else that e-watchman could well be in league with one or more members of the Governing Body and secretly supported by prominent persons in the Watchtower Society. The fact that the legal department have advised his local elders to leave him alone could well be seen by some as evidence of that.

Is this evidence that the Society are going soft on their hardline 1914 interpretations etc and that something is brewing at Headquarters ? Are they setting a dangerous precedent for themselves to not disfellowship someone like e-watchman? Or are they just worried about making him a mayrter in his local area? Either way this is just yet another example of the grossly double standards of the Society.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Maybe they know he's just crazy...

CZAR

• Corvin
    Corvin
    "As for any judicial action taken against me, no, there was none. I am still in good standing in the congregation. Apparently, the Watchtower's Legal department advised that they not take any judicial action unless I was spreading the NGO affair among the local publishers, which I wasn't and do not intend to. "

What absolute bullsh*t. If he is in good standing, and they know who he is, we all know his apostate light would be extinguished in a Brooklyn Bethel minute.

• Xandria
    Xandria
    I have heard it said by someone else that e-watchman could well be in league with one or more members of the Governing Body and secretly supported by prominent persons in the Watchtower Society. The fact that the legal department have advised his local elders to leave him alone could well be seen by some as evidence of that.

Well as speculations go we all can be "spies". Look, until there is hard core evidence, like photos, tapes of deals and finger prints, written deals in blood, ritual sacrifice,etc~ then it is just that speculation.

E-Watchman, like Simon, like Bk, Kent, Bill Bowen, Quotes, etc, all provide a way for us to get the information we normally would not be able to get, unless we have the pleasant task of stepped foot back into the KH's, etc.

Perhaps, the reason they have not d/f him, is to indeed make him look like a plant. To protect thier hides, ever think of that? It swings both ways.

X.

• Badger
    Badger

not take any judicial action unless I was spreading the NGO affair among the local publishers, which I wasn't and do not intend to.
    Telling, if true...The FDS will admit to it if asked, but a mere door-to-door grunt wondering sleeps with the fishes? Another Double standard.

• toreador
    toreador

It sounds like double standards to me!

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Sounds like he is not telling the truth to me! I don't buy it.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Yeah, I thought the whole point of his big "letter campaign" which I have not seen any evidence for, btw, was to reveal hiimself. What a dweeb.

CZAR

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Or could it be, he is disfellowshipped, but disclosure of that, could scare away JWs who would not frequent his site if they knew that to be the case.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

I am waiting on Jehovah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit