do i know you???

by in a new york bethel minute 24 Replies latest jw friends

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

what i was thinking about is, since most of us that post on JWD remain annonymous, i wonder how many of us know someone else that posts on this site, but dont know THAT they post on this site... i keep hearing of new apostates (people that are aquaintances of mine) that are popping up... and i notice that a few people here are from ontario, canada. too bad i may never know who you are, even though i may know who you are (GET IT???!!!). it really spells out to me just how afraid most of us are. i dont want to be a witness, but i sure as hell dont want to get kicked out. i happen to like some witnesses, especially my family members

bethel light

• Mulan
    Mulan

I have been contacted by a few here, who recognized my picture. My name is in my profile too. Many were lurkers, who eventually discovered who I am.

That is a neat experience. I highly recommend it. If you don't have to be anonymous, don't be.

If you need to be anonymous, we understand.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    GET IT???!!!

I get it. Maybe in my past JW life, I ran into you at an assembly. Maybe at the Skydome, Copps Colussium, Norval or London. Who knows, maybe we once were in the same hall. But we will never know because on here I'm "Kwintestal", and you're "in a new york bethel minute". For those of us on here that are out, but still keep the foot in the JW door for family reasons. So. Do I know you or anyone else?

Kwin

• Mulan
    Mulan

One of my young former JW friends, was emailing with two posters from this board a couple of years ago (when we knew emails of the posters). They both told her a similar story about their families and how they lost their siblings and parents because they left being JW's.

The more she communicated with them, the more she thought they should talk to each other and commiserate. As it turns out they were brothers, and didn't know the other was not a JW anymore.

Now, that's a coincidence, with a very happy ending.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

A couple of years ago, shortly after I joined, I saw a post by a member who mentioned my old JW best friend. The member was pretty mysterious. I emailed him, and it turned out he was the brother of some of my English friends. We even went to dinner one night but didnt really talk to each other. And now we have established a friendship. I have met a few people from this board who it turned out I knew them or their family while still a JW. It certainly is a very small world.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Mulan, that certainly is a wonderful and odd story story!!

• Mulan
    Mulan

Mulan, that certainly is a wonderful and odd story

I know! Great isn't it? I wish I could remember their screen names. They don't post anymore though................moved on with their lives.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Like 6 degrees of separation.

Devon

• kj
    kj

I would be so happy if I found out that just one JW I know was posting (or even lurking) here.

kj

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i hope no one knows me.. all i know from my old hall are sadistic tattle tales lmao

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit