Proof that 'art critics' are dumb

by Simon 46 Replies latest social current

• Realist
    Realist

thichi,

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hillary,

sure it should be ignored...otherwise this pseudo market were millions are paid for stuff every child can produce would collaps.

about hollywood...good one!

however, at least it costs money and effort to produce a trash movie. a picasso on the other hand is produced in one afternoon.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

99% of modern art is a joke.

A statement that should be ignored by 99% of all people.

99% of all statistics are wrong

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz
    they make millions with selling trash. who else has acheived that?

The music industry.. the fashion industry.. the WT..

• Realist
    Realist

stinky,

true

• jwbot
    jwbot
    however, at least it costs money and effort to produce a trash movie. a picasso on the other hand is produced in one afternoon.

Clearly you do not know about art...the cost and time that goes into painting a 6 foot canvas is enormous.

• Realist
    Realist

jwbot,

that depends on what you put on the canvas!

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz
    For me an artist is someone who makes art.

For the most part, isn't "art" in the eye/ear of the beholder?

• jwbot
    jwbot

Realist...you are right. I am thinking oil paint...boy that is expensive.

But I have plenty of FREE menstrual blood!

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

SP,

For the most part, isn't "art" in the eye/ear of the beholder?

I am not sure about that, I have tried to ponder that one unsuccesfully.

I think in many ways art, especially abstract art is a language like music. The language needs to be learned in order to understand what is being said. When some people hear modern Jazz music, it sounds like jibberish, but I understand it and from the very first note, it speaks to my heart.

However, avante-garde and Free-Form Jazz music is a language that I do not speak, and have not leanred to. It sounds like jibberish to me, I think a four year old child can play better music....lol The problem is, that many of these musicians are brilliant modern Jazz musicians, why after being such accomplished musicians would they jeopardize their careers playing 'jibberish'. Could it be that many people do not speak the language of abstract art?

Best regards - HS

• JeffT
    JeffT

Supposedly true story. A big art musum was undergoing renovation. In order to protect a marble column at the entrance they wrapped it in bulap. The burlap got torn during a windstorm. The next day a bunch of art critics spend half an hour discussing the beauty of this piece of "art" and the artists inner vision.

Jeff of the "I hate modern art" class.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit