What is LDS ?

by Tyre 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Tyre
    Tyre

Sorry, That's a silly questions.

I would like to know what is LDS/Mormon. please. and what's their doctrines. any info ?

Thank you in advance.

• blondie
    blondie

Latter Day (Last Days)

Saints

Official:

http://www.mormon.org/

Outside viewpoint:

http://www.macgregorministries.org/mormons/mormon_index.html

My experience:

All people were in heaven, 1/3 stayed to be angels, 2/3 are being born here on earth to be tested. Fail---Hell; Succeed, be a god in your own universe with many wives.

Adam and Eve we set up to fail.

Given 2 laws

Not to eat from tree of the knowledge of good and bad (if didn't eat from tree could not multiply)

Multiply and fill the earth (had to eat to know how to do that)

Say they do not teach a trinity but they do believe that Jesus is God (only 2 so it is not a trinity.....)

Blondie

• Farkel
    Farkel

I was born and raised in the Salt Lake City area, so I know that stuff. Plus, I spent a whole bunch of time reseaching that LDS religion and came up with this revelation:

They are just another crappy, money grabbing cult.

Farkel

• NewSense
    NewSense

The abbreviation "L.D.S." stands for "Latter Day Saints." The offical name of the Mormons is "The Church of Latter Day Saints." I believe that they prefer this name to that of "Mormons." In regard to doctrine, you will do well to go to a Mormon website [this is a site for (ex) - Jehovah's Witnesses]. On the Internet, you will find information that is both "pro" Mormon (that is to say, favorable toward Mormons) and "anti"-Mormon. I guess that you should consult both varieties in order to get both sides of the story.

In regard to doctrine, I do not know much about them. Like the Jehovah's Witnesses, Seventh Day Adventists and Christian Scientists, the Mormons had their origins in 19th-century America. All of these groups were formed in the 1800's in the U.S. In addition to the Bible, the Mormons have their own scriptural book called the Book of Mormon. Mormons are usually quite traditional in their viewpoints and conservative in their politics. They have a number of doctrines which deviate very far from "standard" Christianity. Many people do not regard them as Christians, although they themselves say they are Christians. Again, if you are interested in their doctrines, just go to Google and type in "Mormons" or "Church of Latter Day Saints."

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

Isn't that a DRUG? Oh my, okay, maybe something else!

• NewSense
    NewSense

No, cyberguy, I believe that you have the L.D.S. confused with L.S.D. = LySergic Di-oxynucleic acid. One of them knocks on your door wearing a white shirt and necktie, the other you put on a sugar cube and swallow while listening to your grooviest music. I leave it to you to figure out which is which.

• blondie
    blondie

The LDS teach that the "lost" ten tribes of Israel migrated to the western US and the Native Americans are their descendants. The Book of Mormon is supposed to be about the tribes experiences in the West.

A recent genetic study shows that the Jews and Native Americans do not have a strong genetic tie.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Founder and prophet Joseph Smith was Mayor/Military head/church head & prophet/judge/etc in the Mississippi bordering town of Nauvoo

http://www.watchman.org/lds/history.htm

They practiced polygamy for 50 years with his revelation

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

What does LDS and LSD have in common?

One you take with a sugar cube, and the other you take with a grain of salt.

• Realist
    Realist

farkel,

Plus, I spent a whole bunch of time reseaching that LDS religion and came up with this revelation:

They are just another crappy, money grabbing cult.

took you a whole bunch of time to figure that out?

j/k

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit