Without Evil, there cannot be Good...

by ohiocowboy 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Most of us have heard the above expression, and when one thinks about it, the statement is undeniably true...Without Evil, there cannot be good-and vice-versa.

Consider this, after the 1,000 years in paradise, once Satan is set free for a short time to try to cause havoc, and is then completely done away with, what would "Paradise" be like then? Since there would supposedly no longer be any Evil, how would the perfect utopian society claim to be good? You can't have one without the other.

Would the people become emotionless, brain-dead, robotified zombies? Or, would Jehovah still be a Jealous god with a bad spirit as the OT teaches, and would this Bad-or evil side of god compensate so that there would still be good? If so, what would be the point of destroying Satan, if the bad that god would have still existed? From what the bible teaches, it does not seem likely that Jehover would want to give up his jealous, controlling, and demanding side....

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Well, I thought it was an interesting idea anyways...

Perhaps if I would have mentioned Boobies???

• seven006
    seven006

Evil boobies vs good boobies, I guess it's all a matter of interpretation. I'm sure photos will soon follow, it's been a slow news day.

Dave

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

boobies???!!!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

OC,

I think everything is as it should be,, this thing we call evil it only exists in concepts of humans. For example if you kill a snake it is considered by many to be good or not so good and some may say very bad it is all concepts. If I get mad at some ants near my house and spray the whole colony with poison that is not conceptual to most people as evil but to some who are sensitive to animals and insects I could be conceptualized as evil beyound belief.

So to say that good needs evil to exist is all human constructs which varry quite widely at times. Therefore I think that evil and good do not exist but only the mind which tries to label everything and catagorize it somehow.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

See, it IS a magic word....Gets responses every time!

• seven006
    seven006

ocb,

I usually don't post on boobie threads but I felt sorry that no one was responding to your thread. The good vs evil topic has been discussed to death. Personally I no longer have an opinion. I voted for evil in last opinion poll.

Dave

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Interesting points Frankies, but still there is always an opposite to anything existant. Life-Death, Pleasure-Pain, Joy-Sorrow, Light-Dark, etc. Would people recognize happiness, if there were not something opposing to compare it to? I try to put myself in those shoes, and cannot come to a conclusion.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Thanks, Dave! I just might have to agree with you there about evil. Seems like a lot more fun!!!

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

Don't worry, be happy :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit