Without Evil, there cannot be Good...

by ohiocowboy 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• seven006
    seven006

och,

Did you notice the banner ad in the thread? Out of the Watchtower, evil eye charm, evil eye jewelry and evil eye unique jewelry. That's funny, I wonder what kind of banner ad would show up if the title of the thread was evil eye boobies? Damn, that reminds me of a dream I once had.

Dave

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

OC,

I think opposites exist only in the mind. We say that "this" is opposite of "that". It is quite arbitrary and based on previous conceptual conditioning of society and ourselves,, as a member of society.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Dave, evil eye boobies...Hmmm, could be a market for them, very hypnotic. Stare at them and you will get velly Sleeeeeepy..........

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Frankies,

Yes, good point. It would be interesting to know what it would be like without that "conditioning" as to things having an opposite. I suppose life would be far different than it is now.

I will let you know at the end of the thousand years...

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I watched a video on nova about the "death star" and how the galaxies in the universe are loaded with these and when they blow up they are suppose to get rid of all life form of our physical nature I forgot the distance in light years but they are suppose be billions and billions of times more radiant than a star like ours. Probably stars like our sun enjoy it or what ever different type of life forms like our sun do.

Now to us, our life form we would say if something like that were to happen to our own planet,,we would conceptualize and feel,, that is so so bad all that physical carbon life forms just blown away oh how sad. But maybe to the earth it was like a nice refreshing shower of great radiance.(concepts).

any way here a link about it:http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/gamma/

corrected link

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Thanks for the link-I love reading about stuff like that!

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

This is what non-duality is about. For example you see people of one religion consider another evil and vice versa, and you might see both perspectives but see the ridiculous nonsense that it is. And yet if there wasn't this moronic fight you wouldn't have the experience of seeing the idiocy and violence, so the foolishness and seeing are also mutually interdependent. When that is seen, even so called insights becomes small and insignificant. What's left, and when you function in that 'way' is what might be called compassion. There is no hiding out in the cold sterile judgement seat of the mind, even though there is wisdom and understanding you are not removed from it.

• Farkel
  • ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Markfromcali,

Thanks for the thought!

Farkel,

Great post as usual! Thanks for sharing the link! You should really write a book, or have you already???

• heathen
    heathen

I don't believe in evil boobies . There is a fine line between what is accepted behavior and what is considered good and evil . There is an expression of the road to hell is paved with good intentions . From a human standpoint there is no good at all but from a spiritual perspective the ballance between what is good and evil is outlined in ancient writings .It does seem that even God can change what is accepted behavior . blah blah blah blah blah blah ........... etc. you get the picture .....................

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit