Who Does Jehovah Resemble?

by Englishman 32 Replies latest jw friends

• shera
  • Satanus
  • TresHappy
    TresHappy

I always thought Jehovah might resemble Peter Ustinov - one of my favorites!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I've always pictured Satan and Jehovah in their prospective David Warner

David Warner made an excellent time traveling Jack The Ripper, too. Quite a chilling performance.

Mike, Andy and I watched part of the 10 Commandments recently, the part where God was giving Moses the tablets. We had a good time laughing at how horrid the acting and special effects were. And Edward G. Robinson was very laughable: a mob thug Egyptian, who'd a thunk it? I used to think that movie was impressive when I was a little girl; but that was before Star Wars revolutionized special effects.

Jehovah? I never could see his face because the Gov Bod did a wonderful job of taking away any human resemblence from him. You know? He didn't have a face or real hands, etc. They made him seem almost like an impersonal reservoir of dynamic energy. I was always able to relate to Jesus better.

God before the poison of the Gov Bod? A kindly grandfather, warm and loving, gentle and of course the beard, sandals and gossamer robe. I wish I could get him back, but for now it seems they stole him and I can't find him anywhere. I don't think he exists in the Bible anyway.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Vain imaginings all!

carmel

• DireStraitJacket
    DireStraitJacket

To me Jehovah was unimaginable, a spirit creature who could take any form, invisible. Its not like we could fly into space and see him.. therefore he couldn't look like anything anyone has seen before. Still, I always thought of a bright light, like a lightbulb when I tried to think what he could look like. Maybe thats why I never "loved" jehovah, I always attached an inanimate picture to the concept of god.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Jabba...

• Devils Advocate
    Devils Advocate

The almighty administrator of these forumns is who he reminds me of.

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

alt

Edited 'cuz I found a better picture of Tim Curry as Dr. Frank-n-furter

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Edited 'cuz I found a better picture of Tim Curry as Dr. Frank-n-furter

Tim Curry would be cool. Frankenfurter was not very nice to Eddy/Meatloaf though. He met a foul end.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit