Who Does Jehovah Resemble?

by Englishman 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

As a small boy, I pictured Jehovah as resembling Finlay Currie, the kindly old boy who played roles in Solomon & Sheba and the 10 Commandments.

Later on, probably thanks to Paul Hogans influence, I started to picture Jehovah as resembling Charlton Heston.

alt

Now I'm not so sure. I still picture him as a bearded gentleman, wearing a dressing gown and sandals, surrounded by billowing clouds.

Then again if I think of the Creator, or LORD, he doesn't seem to be the same entity as Jehovah.

Strange, isn't it?

Englishman.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I always pictured him as a Moses like character from My Book Of Bible Stories. Then when they drew him in Revelation I was so dissappointed, it was terrible, the face that was all light, he was yellow....my God wasn't yellow at all. And he wasn't wearing a stupid looking crown, come on God Almighty wearing something that looked like the Burger King crown, this is a God that created accessories, any crown God picked would be kickin'. So disillusioned I still pictured God as Moses.

• Preston
    Preston

Well.....ever since I saw "Time Bandits" as a little kid, I've always pictured Satan and Jehovah in their prospective David Warner and Ralph Richardson roles:

• Nancy Drake
  • dorothy
    dorothy

Hilarious pic of Bob Saget!

• Undecided
    Undecided

I never pictured him at all because if I had seen his face I would be dead. You know the scripture that says no man can see his face and live.

Ken P.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

alt

He resembles this guy, IMHO.

• xjw_b12
  • xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Nah, that last one was too cute ... how about ......

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Saddam Hussein with longer white hair and beard.

Not a god of love, but of intollerance, selfishness, and "my way or hell!".

Not my god at all.

Bren

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit