Embarressing Moment!!!

by Sirona 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sirona
    Sirona

Well, I had my most embarressing moment in my life so far this last Friday night.

After having a talk with the boss about morale, I had arranged a bowling night for work. I arranged for us all to have 2 games of ten pin bowling, plus food for £9.99 each. We got a bottle of champagne and £10 behind the bar aswell

So as the night wore on, we all had a few drinks and the bowling was going great. We had the last two alleys, and there was a fair walk from there to the bar. Mr Sirona had to bowl, so I volunteered to carry two drinks back to the alley.

Picture this: there is noone around cos everyone is bowling, but I had to walk up some steps to reach the level of all the alleys. As I reached the top step I slipped over it and went flying (right were everyone was bowling) - but not just that.....a WHOLE pint of beer poured right over my head!!! It didn't want to land on the floor like a normal drink, no it had to drench me so that my hair was dripping wet....and I was splaying around trying to get up (the hard wooden floor was drenched and I had those slippy bowling shoes on).

All my colleagues saw me as did everyone bowling. To top it off, the place had a DJ, who saw it all and started announcing that someone was drunk blah blah. (Actually I wasn't drunk!!! If I had have been drunk I wouldn't have been that embarressed!)

What is your most embarressing moment?

Sirona

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Sirona,

I shouldn't be too concerned about your mishap. You gave so many people a good laugh that night, so look on it as a blessing. OK, it was at your expense, but we all need laughter in our lives and I'm sure your actions were appreciated (and people pay good money for beer shampoos these days!).

As for my my own embarrassing moments, I have them all the time. Too many to list.

Love,

Ian

• Sirona
    Sirona

Thanks Ian,

I did get two emails this morning about how much people enjoyed the night!

It was just so

Sirona

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I came in this thread just to laugh atcha Sirona. My most embarrassing moment is far too embarrassing to actually tell.. but yours was funny, thanks for sharing .

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

My most embarassing moment was at a District Convention back about 1975-76 at one of the large stadiums. (back when there was still food to be purchased) Remember the pudding that was sold at them?

I was wearing light tan pants with a sportscoat. Someone (probably myself or my my little daughter) put the chocolate pudding lid on my seat. I did not see it and sat in it. Well...........it looked like I pooped myself. Everyone was laughing but me!

good thing the convention that year was in my home city so I left and went home to change. Came back about 2 hours later with dark pants.

HappyDad

• kls
    kls

Oh my gawd i have sooo many but Sirona that was pretty good and i wish i could have been there.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

looks like u did a great deal to improve morale, sirona.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

I know how you feel. I once misprounced kheryn in front of others. That's about the same right?

• simplesally
    simplesally

Just the other day, I was in my office with a customer and a co-worker. We were chatting away and the customer told us he was on his 3rd divorce. He said they all really *took* him for a lot of money........smart women.

He said, he is now looking for a woman where you hand her some water and she asks, "What am I supposed to do with this?"

I looked at him, puzzled and asked, "Well, what are you supposed to do with it?"

OMG..........loud ruckus laughter ensued by the men to my puzzlement.

I asked "What's so funny?" and the customer asked, "What are you doing for the rest of your life?"

------------------

Apparently he said, hand her a GLASS of water! I didn't hear that part! So the answer was "you drink it!"

• shotgun
    shotgun

LOL...Sirona your supposed to throw the beer on the alley and slide on your belly and knock all the pins down.

Besides I'm having a hard time picturing you getting drunk in the Alley and ending up in the gutter!

Happydad...LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit