Pastor Russell and 1914

by Kenneson 61 Replies latest jw friends

• RR
    RR
    rr; the info on russell standing on some bridge on easter sunday 1881 in pittsburg. wearing a white robe to be raptured into heaven . is in the book kingdom of the cults on the first few pages about jw's. with the references. as for the other instances of russell doing the same thing in 1878, and 1914 , i would need to look them up. if i run across them i'll post them. btw good personnal story.. john

John, Walter Martin has already proven to be a fraud. I have researched all his claims. In fact it is because of him that I left the WItnesses and became a Bible Student,. He intriduced me to them RR

• RR
    RR
    On the other hand he opens himself up to those skeptical of CTR when he tries to pass off his ever changing teachings as truth.

And what ever changing truths are these? Don't confuse the Pastor with the Judge and others.

If CTR would have been alive during the 1940's and 50 I'm sure he would have incorporated UFO's into his belief structure and then would have requested being buried in Area 51.

Was that a joke?

RR truly seems happy in his faith but trying to imply that the Seven Studies of the Scriptures were truthful and fantastic literary works or that CTR was appointed by Jesus who returned in 1874...and so on proves that denile is not just a river in Egypt, I know about denile...I paddeled denile as a JW for way too many years.

Actually, there are only six, you can keep the seventh! Russel didn't write it!

RR

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown

Shotgun,
    I don't feel that you were being too hard on RR, but the more he keeps trying to refute everybody, the more he seems to prove to me and others exactly what you said.... that he is swimming in denile. I don't mean to insult him either, since, like him we used to close our eyes to facts that we didn't want to hear and call everybody who refuted us as frauds.

I'm just glad I'm not there anymore. I feel so much better not knowing everything.

Brad

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

R.R.,

You wrote: "He expected EVERYTHING to happen by 1915, it didn't happen, only partially. He never claimed to be a prophet, and admitted to be short sighted in his views of events."

"...it didn't happen..." So true. Christendom did not come to an end. Still exists today. The overthrow of earthly governments did not happen. They're still around today. World War I was not a war of extermination of the human race only ended by the establishment of God's kingdom (See ZWT Jan. 15, 1892. Neither happened. Russell had also declared in the Bible Students Monthly Vol. VI, No. 5 that World War I "will eventuate in no marked victory for either side--then 'Armageddon.' Prayers cannot change the Divine Plan of the Ages." Yet Great Britain, France, Russia and the U.S. did win when Germany surrendered in 1918. How can someone still maintain that 1915 is a scriptural date?

"Because Russell never claimed to be a prophet, are the views he expressed about 1915 mere harmless views of opinion as RR asserts? Russell believed himself to be God's mouthpiece presenting truths (see ZWT, July 15, 1906, page 229} Is not one who speaks in God's name his representative? How, than, could Russell be speaking in God's name and simultaneously be speaking in his own name? All these chronological predictions involve God's name and his Word the Bible and don't come through as mere opinion.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

RR ; i think shotgun said it all in his last post.. if you think the 1881 easter sunday stuff is bullshit. i would take ride to pittsburg with you , and check it out . if the pittsburg library proves me wrong so be it.. in trurt i don't think so. your a bronx boy and so am i. it's only 6 hours away . lets see if you have the balls to test it. i allready gave you my phone number. in pm plus from pittsburg to brooklyn is what the same distance from judea to jereselem of you take the hobekon ferry etc or waa that the finished mystery 1917. . i'll learn alot about the wt drivien to pittsburg. and you will most likey here my fordham rd mouth all the way back. don't forget a afternoon at russells pyramid at that masonic cemetery. were black people couldn't be buried till the 50's, your black butt and my white butt will look great standing next to russell grave. maybe we can look up some old grave leases were black , could not be buried there etc. because russell was the servant of jesus. RR me and you are going to have a great week in pittsberg. . we are going to do some research...pm me baby when you those big southern blvd balls... john

• RR
    RR

Johnny ... you're such a moron, and I'll tell you why!

i would take ride to pittsburg with you , and check it out . if the pittsburg library proves me wrong so be it.. in trurt i don't think so. your a bronx boy and so am i. it's only 6 hours away . lets see if you have the balls to test it.

I go top pittsburgh once a year, I've been to the Library, I have done extensive research, and unless you can show me a picture of Russell waiting on a bridge, then it's just hearsay.

don't forget a afternoon at russells pyramid at that masonic cemetery.

The Cemetary is not Masonic ... the Masonic temple was builts probably more the 60 years after the death of Russell.

your black butt and my white butt will look great standing next to russell grave.

Who told you I was black?

RR me and you are going to have a great week in pittsberg. . we are going to do some research.

I'll pass. I onl;y associate with consecrated Christians! RR

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown

RR,

Ok, now you've kind of pushed it a little too far.

I'll pass. I onl;y associate with consecrated Christians!

You know what?!! I'll keep it short. You keep going on in your delusional little world, believing that every human who doesn't believe in CTR ...... and not the CTR who started the JW religion... only the CTR who started the Bible Students.... is wrong.

I've about had enough of, evidently, wasting my time trying to OPEN your mind. Some people just can't exist without some sort of denial going on all the time. To be honest, I am a little pissed at you for your self-righteous attitude towards everyone, especially Johnny Cip, but I also feel for you too, because you are just really not aware of the state of numbness that you are in.

Denial doesn't make facts go away.... Denial does nothing other than give you an excuse to stroke your own over-inflated and close-minded psyche.

I don't say this very often, but you remind me of my ex-wife and her family. Read some of my posts about the terrible stuff they have done to my kids (and believe it ALL) and realize why it disgusts me that you treat people with that self-righteous, holier than thou attitude, without even ENTERTAINING the idea that you might be 1% wrong.

There's a joke..... Those people that think they know it all annoy those of us that really do. And yes, I know that is a joke.... closer to the truth is, that people that think they know it all are the furthest from reality........ my friend.... reality.

I would suggest that there are quite a few people that genuinely feel for you, in the state that you are in, but if you want to push them away.... that's your doing.

Brad

• shotgun
    shotgun

Ok this has gone to far for me, I'm having nothing to do with removing Johnny's foreskin...yuck

I onl;y associate with consecrated Christians!
  • RR
    RR
    You know what?!! I'll keep it short. You keep going on in your delusional little world, believing that every human who doesn't believe in CTR ...... and not the CTR who started the JW religion... only the CTR who started the Bible Students.... is wrong.

Well Brad from Canada, if you knew ANYTHING about the Bible Students you would know that we NEVER boast of having ALL truth or that we excklusively have the Truth. We stress a consecrated walk with God through Christ. Unlike the JW's we do not preach death and destruction to ALL those outside of the BIble Students. God has a Plan for every human being, that includes you and everyone else in Canada. As Jesus stated to the thief on the cross, "you will be with me in paradise". Whether you stay is up to you!

I've about had enough of, evidently, wasting my time trying to OPEN your mind. Some people just can't exist without some sort of denial going on all the time. To be honest, I am a little pissed at you for your self-righteous attitude towards everyone, especially Johnny Cip, but I also feel for you too, because you are just really not aware of the state of numbness that you are in.

Well, Johnny think he's my brother, he's not. Only those who do the will of my father are my brothers. If you feel that is being self-righteous, then so be it. I ONLY associate with those who will encourage me in my walk with the Lord. I fought my way out of the inner city, from dabronx, a child of the 60s and 70s, street gangs, rumbles, drugs, booze. I don't need that anymore, I don't do that anymore, and I don't need to be with people who remind me of it. Not that Johnny is a gangbanger, I don't know Johnny, if Johnny wants to meet with me, he can attend any number of Bible Student conventions held in the area ... I'm there.

Denial doesn't make facts go away.... Denial does nothing other than give you an excuse to stroke your own over-inflated and close-minded psyche.

Who is in denial? Now you know what's in my heart and mind? You don't even have a glimpse of what my life was like. I'm very open-minded, throughout my years within the Society, I was open-minded, I went in open-minded and I left open-minded. I read every apostate book out there, while in. I had them ion my bookshelf, and it caused me a lot of grief because I didn't hide it.

I don't say this very often, but you remind me of my ex-wife and her family. Read some of my posts about the terrible stuff they have done to my kids (and believe it ALL) and realize why it disgusts me that you treat people with that self-righteous, holier than thou attitude, without even ENTERTAINING the idea that you might be 1% wrong.

I don't need to read about your sorry marriage.

There's a joke..... Those people that think they know it all annoy those of us that really do. And yes, I know that is a joke.... closer to the truth is, that people that think they know it all are the furthest from reality........ my friend.... reality.

And you know all about know-it-alls, right?

I would suggest that there are quite a few people that genuinely feel for you, in the state that you are in, but if you want to push them away.... that's your doing.

And what people are those? xjws on this forum? puleeze!

RR

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown

RR,

You're amazing!!!! in one sentence you say:

God has a Plan for every human being, that includes you and everyone else in Canada.

Then you say, right after that :

Only those who do the will of my father are my brothers.

Do you not see the hypocrisy in that?

I can see you preaching to someone and can picture it going this way :

RR: I'd like to tell you about the great things that I have learned about Jesus.

Friend: OK, great I really respect Jesus and what he believed in.

RR: Well.... (and at this point you would go into your beliefs that you choose to accept as what Jesus meant, as taught to you by the Bible Students).

Friend: RR, I respect that this religion has helped you get out of gangs, drugs, booze, etc. that is great, but a couple of things that you said contradict what I believe Jesus meant to say.

RR: So you're saying that you won't follow the Bible Students' faith?

Friend: Well, like I said, if it works for you great, but no, it just doesn't seem right for me.

RR: (You may have LEARNED some sweet way to end the conversation) .....but what you would really say in essence after that is that that person's beliefs are inferior to your beliefs and you would refuse to associate with him.

Don't worry, I expect you to deny that, but you have proven it by what you have said to Johnny Cip... as far as me, since I am saying it a lot less politely than Johnny Cip, I would imagine, to you, I must be from the Devil himself.

This is the biggie........ this is what is really gonna upset you...... because to you, you're heads and tails above the witnesses.... but your mentality is EXACTLY like JW's, Mormons, etc., etc., etc.

The funny thing is.... I don't think you've said one nice thing to anybody here, who has disagreed with you, but I still have to say this. (Also, despite the fact that you have shown NO compassion for the stuff that I and my kids are going through with my EX!!!!!-wife). To be honest, maybe you needed a strict religion to get out of the nasty stuff you were up against in the past and it seems like you have conquered those challenges.... but it doesn't mean that others on here can't teach you even more GOOD things in life.

Brad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit