Pastor Russell and 1914

by Kenneson 61 Replies latest jw friends

• City Fan
    City Fan

RR

I don't have a problem with the date. The nabonidus tablet is the only "proof" of 587

I am constantly amazed that people can believe in nonsense like 607 when they obviously have done no research at all into why scholars choose 586/587 as the correct date. If you don't look into these things properly it's just 'blind faith'. The Nabonidus Chronicle cannot be used to date 539, 587 or any other date. Please do the research.

CF.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    The year Jesus was born is not written in scripture, but we know based on prophecy when it was.

Huh?

• shotgun
    shotgun
    Shotgun:
    Didn't a man come up with the 607 date, or can you find it in the bible?

A man found it in the Scriptures. The year Jesus was born is not written in scripture, but we know based on prophecy when it was. There are no LITERAL dates mentioned in scriptures, but science and history has given us when those dates were.

My point RR was that originally CT came up with 606 as a certainty found in the scriptures, these are Gods dates not ours he said. This was later changed to 607, in fact all the dates he used where in fact man's own interpretations. Some interpretations were his but most were borrowed from other sources but they were all man's interpretations...and if you agree with the bible then you must know all interpretation belongs to God.

RR, for 607 to be the date not only would the Babylonians have had to alter their history but the Egyptians, Assyrians and many other nations would have needed to join the plot to obscure and mislead us to 587.

Thanks for posting the link to your story RR

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown

Shotgun,

RR has been taking a bit of sh*tkicking here, so I will try to back off a bit, but, I have read RR's story as well, and quite frankly the saying, "Out of the Frying Pan and into the Fire" comes to mind...... personally I think both the JW's and the Bible students are the fire part, but hey, I never made the saying up....... teehee.

Brad

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

rr; the info on russell standing on some bridge on easter sunday 1881 in pittsburg. wearing a white robe to be raptured into heaven . is in the book kingdom of the cults on the first few pages about jw's. with the references. as for the other instances of russell doing the same thing in 1878, and 1914 , i would need to look them up. if i run across them i'll post them. btw good personnal story.. john

• shotgun
    shotgun

Hi outbutnotdown

RR has been taking a bit of sh*tkicking here, so I will try to back off a bit

I don't want to give RR a shit kicking, like I said before I enjoy alot of his posts and insight into the WT and even the perspective he adds by being a Bible student.

On the other hand he opens himself up to those skeptical of CTR when he tries to pass off his ever changing teachings as truth.

If CTR would have been alive during the 1940's and 50 I'm sure he would have incorporated UFO's into his belief structure and then would have requested being buried in Area 51.

RR truly seems happy in his faith but trying to imply that the Seven Studies of the Scriptures were truthful and fantastic literary works or that CTR was appointed by Jesus who returned in 1874...and so on proves that denile is not just a river in Egypt, I know about denile...I paddeled denile as a JW for way too many years.

• RR
    RR
    Huh?

I meant by history.

• RR
    RR
    I am constantly amazed that people can believe in nonsense like 607 when they obviously have done no research at all into why scholars choose 586/587 as the correct date. If you don't look into these things properly it's just 'blind faith'. The Nabonidus Chronicle cannot be used to date 539, 587 or any other date. Please do the research.

To each his own my friend, I have studied it out and have come to accept the date!

RR

• RR
    RR
    My point RR was that originally CT came up with 606 as a certainty found in the scriptures, these are Gods dates not ours he said. T

Pastor Russell did not come up with the date, It was already an established date by others.

and if you agree with the bible then you must know all interpretation belongs to God.

TRue, but how does God interpret his prophecies? though men.

RR, for 607 to be the date not only would the Babylonians have had to alter their history but the Egyptians, Assyrians and many other nations would have needed to join the plot to obscure and mislead us to 587.

As I said before, I don't have a problem with the date, only time will tell.

Thanks for posting the link to your story RR

You're welcome!

• sf
    sf

Just wanted to share some search hits I came upon while looking up some 'morsels' of this topic, that perhaps some may find of interest:

THE PROFITS OF RELIGION Book Six
    ... modern times on ecclesiastical subjects." Pastor Russell does not ... was cast off from
    favor in 1878 (Rev. ... these experiments in Hearst's Magazine for April, 1914. ...
    www.worldzone.net/family/ johnanderson/profitsbook6.shtml - 88k - Cached - Similar pages

Visions of Glory chapter Two

... one might easily conclude that Pastor Russell was suffering from ... on the Sixth Street Bridge, Russell "re-examined ... are governed from the Brooklyn headquarters of ...
    www.exjws.net/vg2.htm - 101k -
    Cached - Similar pages

Full text of FAITH ON THE MARCH, by AH Macmillan

... and Tract Society of Pennsylvania Brooklyn, New York. ... Charles Taze Russell, later globally known as Pastor Russell. ... he was on the Sixth Street bridge dressed in ...
    reactor-core.org/religion/faith-on-the-march/ - 101k -
    Cached - Similar pages

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit