Suggetions for handling a difficult situation?

by Stefanie 32 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

Is there a yearbook?

Have your daughter pick her out of the yearbook.

Do not pass go, report immediately. The time that passes even after the authorities are notified can have tragic consequences..

Call CPS, anonymously, if need be, ASAP. Get a report number.

Call the police as well, Give them the CPS report number.

Just what I would do.

If you need more help, call me. I will call it in if you are more comfortable with that.

Kimberlee D. Norris

attorney at law

[email protected]

• avishai
    avishai

Kimberly, you're the greatest!!

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Thanks stillconcerned.

I just got off the phone with the counselor.. She thanked me profusely, but needed to know my daughters name so they could look at the gym list and check to see who fit the description.

I just hope for everything that my daughter doesnt get found out and that she wont lose her trust in me, i just felt that by giving her name, i was helping the victim better. I begged the counselor not to mention my daughters name... I hope that girls uncle doesnt find out either and tries to do something to my daughter either...

But its done, all i can do i wait for monday to see what happened..

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

((Stef & daughter & mystery girl)) You are doing the right thing, rest assured in that.

• kls
    kls

Good for you Stef you have done good .((((((HUGS))))))) And your daughter to (((((((HUGS))))))))

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Stefanie,

If your daughter does find out that you reported this incident she may temporarily be disappointed, but in the future as she grows up she will be very proud of her courageous mother.

Best regards - HS

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Thanks.. (((SP, KLS))

This kind of abuse runs in my family. I think it may be time for me to start sharing with her....

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Stefanie when my girls were about 8 and 12 I started sharing with them the family history. They had never met my father and I had always just said he was very bad to me when I was little. One day there was a movie on TV and the subject of incest came up and the girls wanted to know what that was so I told them and said that was one of the things my father had done and was the reason I always kept them away from him - to protect them. They didn't get details of what was done just general info and that it had hurt me very emotionally very much.

Interestingly they both later had friends who they discovered were being sexually abused. They both came to me about it and wanted to know how to help their friends. Actually I came home one day to find the youngest one who was about 12 at the time on the phone with a social worker trying to get help for her girlfrined who was too scared to go home.

Something to watch out for (and this is important for your daughter to know) Sometimes the victims end the friendships after the abuse is reported. My children both lost their friends that they tried to help. I suspect it was too difficult for the victims to face the girls after the secret was out. Sadly so many victims carry the shame of their abusers and both my girls suffered the loss of these friendships. But both say they would not change what they had done to help their friend. The oldest one's friend had tried to commit suicide and my daughter help her (about 15 at the time). This friend is still alive, in part to the actions of my daughter. She does not regret that one bit.

• shotgun
    shotgun

Nice work Stef and very courageous of your daughter.

If everyone stepped in as quickly as what you did when situations like this arised many children could be spared or rescued from terrrible abuse

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

HS

OMG LL. (((Lee))

Thanks, i know what i have to do now.

Life is full of problems and when they all hit you at the same time, its hard to keep my thoughts strait!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit