The Watchtower is degenerating

by truthseeker 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Informant
    Informant

Rolling on floor laughing @ "picking bunches of grapes and stroking the mane of lions." BRAVO TRUTHSEEKER, BRAVO, an excellent summary indeed,, and by the way, to that one post,, the Watchtower was never, even in the beggining, well intentioned.

• Balsam
    Balsam

Truthseeker,

Boy that is so true. You know thinking about how 3 years ago when I left they just constantly harassing us to turn in our time. And if you didn't someone would call you to see if you had even 1 hr to turn in and forgot. I think of my ex-husband who still a very active JW. He is now almost 59 and he still looking for the end every darn day through new on the TV. It has been 29 years since 1975, what in the heck is keeping these ones like me who became a JW just before the 1975 date still in it. I had a woman friend who was disfellowshipped before me who just went back to it and got reinstated. She saw the problems but still clung to the believe that the WTS has the truth and is directed by God. The fear of having to come to see that it was all just bullshit is too much for them.

My sons and I are so very glad to be out.

Ruth

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

very true!Up here in northern Ontario the circuit aasemblies have gone from 700+,where they would run out of seats and set up chairs in the walkways ,to approxiamtely 490 and a lot of empty seats and very few baptisms if any.

I know times are tough for some people but there's no way this circuit lost 30% of its followers because they had to move for work or whatever.They are getting fed up,worn out,tired of being lied to and constantly told to do more.More and more,we hear of people doing stupid things just to break free and be left alone.

I'll be very happy when they close the doors for good!

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Great comments everyone.

I used to think that this degenrative condition was in one or two countries, but it seems to be global.

I mean, for the average dub, there's nothing left to work for?

After the "Pay Attention to Daniel's Prophecy", two Isaiah Volumes, are the witnesses really better off? Can they really explain all that convoluted garbage?

This organization is going no where - it has a pre-occupation with expanding Patterson while closing and selling off Bethel buildings. Not once, and I mean once, have they even apologised for the child abuse scandals.

Is there a hotline for abused witnesses? No

Is there a fund to help witnesses? No

Are pioneers given financial assistance? No. They are expected to get part time jobs, pay for the literature they use AND contribute to the Watchtower.

The Watchtower doesn't want to spend its precious money on you or anyone, depsite the fact that in the 1st century, the apostles had Christians deposting money at their feet for distribution to the poor.

How many "Poor" boxes are there in your Kingdom Hall?

Any money that goes into the boxes at the hall goes straight into the Botchtower's coffers, and not an ounce of good does it do for the average witness.

Corporate greed is what the Watchtower lives by.

Think Enron

Think MCI

Thing Dick Grasso of the NYSE.

Think Watchtower.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech
    I know times are tough for some people but there's no way this circuit lost 30% of its followers because they had to move for work or whatever.They are getting fed up,worn out,tired of being lied to and constantly told to do more.More and more,we hear of people doing stupid things just to break free and be left alone.

I'll be very happy when they close the doors for good!

And if you do go, DO NOT CONTRIBUTE A PENNY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit