WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU WERE DEAD WRONG?

by Terry 30 Replies latest jw friends

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I recall I once thought Hillary Step was a girl...

CZAR

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

I was driving my mother around for her shopping and she said that there was an odd sound coming from the engine. I pulled over into a lot left the car running and we checked under the hood. Everything looked just fine to me...My mother points to what I eventually learned was the tensioner but I looked at the tension on the belt and brushed it off.

Sure enough about a half hour later I lost all power steering and the tensioner with the belt had actually came off the side of the engine. I think I'm going to get her to check over a car for me from now on before I buy one or take any long trips with it.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Last week when returning from Alaska I was pulled over for going 75 in a 55 mile/hr zone.. Dead wrong! Handled it by being very, very humble apologetic. Of course it still cost me $14. Paid it!

carmel of the "whoa Nellie" class

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Czar,

Don't worry, I made that mistake myself once.

Best regards - HS

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    Twice in one day! I found I was offending people in my post on teaching children that fantasy (like Santa) is real and I had to apologize. Then, Hillary_step called me out for cut and pasting a definition on a topic thread WITHOUT ATTRIBUTION and I had to realize there is no excuse acceptable.

I'm wrong alot...........in fact, the older I get, the more I become aware of how little I really do not know.......as far as your comments above..........well, sometimes we all can forget and take ourselves a little too seriously.......and make a "storm in a teacup" or a "mountain out of a molehill"............we forget that the forum and our opinions or posts on it are not the be all and end all of existence.

Terri

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    the older I get, the more I become aware of how little I really do not know

• Golf
    Golf

My wife is in the best position to answer that question. I don't stand a chance.

Guest 77

• toreador
    toreador

I have to admit I thought so too once, till I talked to him.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz
    I have to admit I thought so too once, till I talked to him.

.. but did he make you call him Hillary?

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

SP,

.. but did he make you call him Hillary?

Only an idiot full of Bull would face a Toreador. I told him my name was Margaret and ran.

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit