WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU WERE DEAD WRONG?

by Terry 30 Replies latest jw friends

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

"Wrong" is very often relative.. ..

• Princess
    Princess
    Twice in one day! I found I was offending people in my post on teaching children that fantasy (like Santa) is real and I had to apologize.

No...really?

Just messing with you Terry. I'm serious about not ever being wrong though.

• blondie
    blondie

Acknowledge it and apologize and make any amends necessary and possible; recheck my sources next time before being too adamant.

Blondie (on the road)

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

The last time I can say I was dead wrong was when I had leaned left wing. I thought all war wars wrong, I thought the term "rich" was a definate adjective instead of being a term that varies from culture to culture, that our reliable news sources were unbiased, how the right was out to get black people and I thought that I was going to get drafted if a republican came into office.

Then I found the internet.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Dear Jesus, there are so many things I was dead wrong about. For many many years I was dogmatically insistent that the WT was all it claimed to be. I never doubted. I fell for it hook, line and sinker. Not only that, but then I dared to judge everyone I met by those standards. My borgification was complete, and I was truly part of the collective. No wonder I was miserable...

I have, in later years, felt compelled to go around and apologize to all my old friends for all the drama and bullshite I put them through because of my beliefs. I still shudder to think about all I said and did.

I was dead wrong in switching my major in college to please my father. Stupid stupid stupid, now I have a degree I can't use and didn't do very well in anyway. I was dead wrong when I thought that military force could never acheive any good in the world. I was dead wrong when I thought smoking a disfellowshipping offence.

And I'm just listing the things that I've had to make apologies for and that I can remember - there are so many more that its ridiculous.

At least you faced up to it, Terry. That's about all anybody can do.

CZAR

• Satanus
    Satanus

The last time i was wrong was when i allowed some people to be my 'friends' who were users. Not that they are really bad people, just that they are on different roads than i am. I corrected that, though.

S

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once, but it turns out I was mistaken. I wasn't wrong afterall.

• Badger
    Badger

Last time I asked a girl out and she said, "we'll have a good time" and I BELIEVED her (she stood me up)

• Mulan
    Mulan
    I'm serious about not ever being wrong though.

Well, let's see. Since I am your mother, maybe I can come up with a few things. Hahahhahha.

Nah...............that wouldn't be nice.

• dustyb
    dustyb

my g/f proved me blatently wrong today, i forgot what it was tho, but i'm dead wrong a lot w/ her......at least thats what she wants me to think.... =D

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit