WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU WERE DEAD WRONG?

by Terry 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

What did you do?How did you handle it?

• Corvin
    Corvin

What did you do?

I was seeking reinstatement. I was on the verge of once again having a good standing in the congregation of Jehovah?s Witnesses. I thought it was what was needed to ensure my children?s spiritual wellbeing.

How did you handle it?

I acknowledged what a big huge mistake I was about to make and did an about-face.

• Mulan
    Mulan

that happens all the time to me.................I repeat something I heard or read, and get it totally mixed up.

I try to be humble and admit my mistake, but often have to go look it up to be sure. Sometimes I am right and the other person is wrong.

Having learned the truth about JW's has made me a bit gun shy for insisting I'm right about anything.

• Princess
    Princess

Can't say it's ever happened to me Terry.

How about you?

• patio34
    patio34

Well. . . .you asked. It was when I thought Bush was right in invading Iraq (along with a lot of others who've changed). Now I feel it was dead wrong.

Pat

• Undecided
    Undecided

I guess after I die, I will be dead wrong, but for now I think I am right.

Ken P.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

The day i said i do!

How am I handling it? Not very well....

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Ah, what time is it?

Actually, I have been labeled as a Sexual Intellectual by my ex-husband. That means a Fking Know-It-All.

Same ex- (I've had 3) also said I "... have the need to be right all of the time". I told him it was "... because I usually am!" That one pissed him off.

I have a good seat-o-the-pants education, and a sharp mind. The more I learn, the more I have become willing to admit "I don't know"; the older I get my mind and rememberer betray me, so I have to admit "I'm wrong". My current spousal unit likes to point these things out to me. Of course I have the same rights as he has.

Dead wrong?

Well, I haven't killed anyone that I can recall (remember my rememberer don't always work so well), and I'm not dead, yet.

What have I done right?

I left WTS. I raised a lot of hell that I needed to get out of my system, then I got clean and sober. I've cleaned up my past as best as I am able (still a couple items to deal with). I try to smile (not easy with chronic pain), be friendly to friends, acquaintances, and strangers. And work at not living up to anyone's expectations - even mine. Not easy, but worthwhile.

Hugs

Bren

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

I'll have to ask my wife that question. She keeps track of these things for me.

Jeff S.

• Terry
    Terry
    princess says: Can't say it's ever happened to me Terry.

How about you?

Twice in one day! I found I was offending people in my post on teaching children that fantasy (like Santa) is real and I had to apologize. Then, Hillary_step called me out for cut and pasting a definition on a topic thread WITHOUT ATTRIBUTION and I had to realize there is no excuse acceptable.

That is, by the way, why I started this topic!

Thanks for asking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit