CO visit: what's the big deal?

by M.J. 30 Replies latest jw friends

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I was told by elders to go out every day that week (co visit) so they can make me an elder. I said "no"

I've been asked twice to be elder, and I'm not gonna impress someone to be an elder. I think I would rather be

"nobody"!

I've had two over my house when they had their special school, they are no diffrent than regular people.... They watch TV, sports, and like to have "boys night out"!

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Don't forget that when they visit, congregation pays them their full weekly expense check (gas, tolls, dry cleaning, food, car wash, etc)

Also many, including elderly ones in which have very little hand him/wife a little envelope with CASH!

• seawolf
    seawolf

First he read Proverbs 25:25 which says: Like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land.
    Then Matthew 10:42: And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward.
    Lastly Matthew 25:34,35: Then the king will say to those on his right, come you who are blessed by my father, take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in.

ug. I swear I need one of those Star Trek universal language translators to translate this klingon stuff to me.

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

I want an envelope of cash just for telling people they are'nt doing enough.

• dustyb
    dustyb

first of all, i work in retail, so i think of a CO as a district manager. If the numbers are buggerin up, then you'll have a CO (district manager) stop by and see what all the problem is. some people will get "counciled" (silenced, fired etc etc) and some people will get promoted to MS, Elder, mic holder (supervisor, senior, management). think of it that way and the picture becomes clear ;)

• Mutz
    Mutz

Basically the CO's visit is an opportunity to kiss arse.

• phil78
    phil78

Our C.O. is a cranky old barstard. He makes big issues about small things, like the fact we were using cloth towels in the bathrooms, instead of paper towels. Actually put his hand up in the middle of the meeting to have his gripe (he had just returned from the bathroom.) He has the bro's in the sound box under strict instruction that when he is speaking, his mic is to be turned up 2 notches louder than what is normaly used.

I just missed his visit, so i guess that means that now the elders (who have not had time to call me for months) (i'm not complaining!!!!!!!!!) will be calling me to arrange a sheperding visit. They will have gotten a rap over the knuckles for my absence. Will want me back for his next visit. I really dont give a flock.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

According to society instructions elders are to make shepherding calls to all. but the weak

or inactive should get more attention. Obviously most elders do not give a rats arse about

anyone so they will see maybe 4-8 people a year. Fortunately for the society the C.O.'s

visit will promt all elders to do this (inactives) with the C.O.

It's funny last night the service overseer was giving the congregation report of hours

of 2002 -vs.- 2003 and all those numbers sounded like jargon, unsuspiciously

asked the brothers next to me if they were taking notes, and they said "most people here can't figure out

what he's talking about". I asked how about you? they said "it's blah blah to me!"

• lawrence
    lawrence

Great thread - brings back so many memories. Pioneering with the COs and bringing them on Bible Studies, and they would talk such insanity to studies who were high and loaded. They would leave telling me how they thought the study needed to be prodded and dragged to meetings, and as we would be going to another study, the past study would be getting high again and loaded. Great progress! Brother Brown would call down fire, "no one will hide from the fury of the Great God!' And then there was Conti on RVs, phew! He would tell them in mafia style how Jehovah would decimate them at the big Feast of the carrion birds. Thompson was like the Judge, mean bastard who would wail at people at the door, and when they would refuse a 6 month BS to get paradise, he would read some passage about "being gaffed by fish hooks and hung up by the jawbone." LMAO - those guys were crazy! Yes, the bulletin board sign up to "host" and the fights to get Friday night - an early glimpse of Sunday's lecture. The show was awesome, as if a Cardinal or the Pope were coming. And yes, when the CO and DO were there, hell one would have thought they were in the manger. And when a Bethelite visited, especially an "important one" - now you were standing in the Holies. How the hell did they pull it off?

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    Also many, including elderly ones in which have very little hand him/wife a little envelope with CASH!

Last year at the meeting before a CO's visit, our hall's PO told each of us to give an envelope with some cash to help them out, saying that it would be an example of brotherly love. After the CO came up to me and talked I thought that the cash wouldn't be the best thing for him. The next meeting (the Sunday one) I brought toothpaste, soap and shampoo instead in a brown paper bag and said to open it at home. He and his wife sent a thank you card.

Kwin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit