Organized religion, no religion, agnostic

by cnn77 45 Replies latest jw friends

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

I'm a 3.

I believe in the Bible and except Christ. I believe if you want to be a christian than just be a christian no organization needed. I'm not anti organization and I feel that there is a mixture of true and false christian in all the organized groups (Matt. 13). It's just easier to be a christian when your not an official member(you are not forced to believe what this or that group teaches) and some times forced to except teachings to retain membership. I except as my brothers in the faith, all that except Christ.

Was Jw for 29 yrs.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I guess I'm an OTHER, Life long Catholic, never in the BOrg, never interested in joining, never believed their doctrines. My association comes through my wife, who is now a 2 I guess.

Yeru

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• DCs Ghost
    DCs Ghost

. . . .looking over the menu. . . .

. . . i am gnostic. . . .

dc

"we do not see the world as it is,
    we see the world as we are. . ." Anais Nin

• Introspection
    Introspection

I guess either 3 or 6 for me, depending on what you meant by and include under 3. Oh, just call me an amorphous, bloated sac of protoplasm. (anyone remember Ren & Stimpy?) Oh wait, you were asking about my BELIEFS...

"It is not so much that you use your mind wrongly--you usually don't use it at all. It uses you. This is the disease." -Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

"Power doesn't mean you're acting like a man, or you're a bully or a bitch. It's that you don't let people step on you"
    -Sharon Monplaisir

• dedalus
    dedalus

4 on a good day, 5 on a bad day

Joel--

I believe that life is god, that is, that god is that which connects all life together.
    Unless I'm mistaken, this makes you a pantheist. Yeah?

Dedalus

• Free2Bme
    Free2Bme

I'm a 6
    Ex-JW who now refuses to be pigeon-holed!
    I think religion is a racket and just another reason mankind has devised to hate and seek to destroy eachother.
    I believe in a God of creation but I don't believe the answers to questions such as 'Why are we here?' are found in a book written by men.
    I believe in living a good life and am open-minded about what happens after death. I'd like to believe in an after-life of sorts.
    More importantly I am still learning and absorbing information and open to ideas.

Free

• joelbear
    joelbear

Dedalus,

Yes, my beliefs are quite similar to pantheism.

hugs

Joel

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

a...oh the options were numbers..........mm...Ill stick with a

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I consider myself a spiritual person - probably moreso now than when I was in the Borg.
    My spirituality is a process in the making. I have no idea where it will take me and how or in what ways it will develop. I refuse to label it other than the word spirituality.

I believe that I am most connected to my spiritual side when I am listening to my inner self and living in a manner that is in agreement with that inner self.

I have learned that I cannot accept the ideas/teachings/theology of others as absolute. I can only know for sure what is inside of me - and living up to that is struggle enough for me. So I prefer to ignore the counsel of others when it comes to my spiritual life

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit