Organized religion, no religion, agnostic

by cnn77 45 Replies latest jw friends

• patio34
    patio34

CNN, as another poster mentioned, we'd be interesed in your views.

I am still undecided. Probably, if pressed, would be a 4-5.

Pat

• regan
    regan

number 5 for me.

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

6: Other

GNOSTIC, but it was a 30++ year treck to define myself. Initially agnostic (14 years); Atheist/Humanist (9 yrs);
    Nondenominational Christian (3 years);
    Once again, Agnostic (2 more years). I
    Have considered myself Gnostic for the last 10 years.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I posted earlier that I was a 4, but after thinking about it for a couple of days, I realize that I do believe in God, and a life after death, so that makes me a 3, I think. There are lots of times, that I doubt though. Many parts of the Bible make me question everything I had once felt was true, so maybe I am between 3 and 4.

My husband and I argue about this all the time. He is definitely a 3, and he worries about me, that I have lost my spirituality. The main thing, for me, is I am apathetic about it all. Maybe that makes me a 6. My God was the WTS, and it died in my heart, so getting God back has been really a hard road for me.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Somewhere between 2..3..4..5

Where are you, cnn77?

Sam Beli

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Dear Lee,

You have an impressive looking web page. I’ll try to look it over when I have more time.

Regards,

Sam Beli

• bobby
    bobby

Looking into other religions and reading the Bible properly (ie non-JW version of events)

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Zazu,

What does being a 'gnostic' include?

Pat

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

• OlderTom
    OlderTom

You asked
    I am new here trying to figure my way around.....
    I would appreciate it if you could say which of these fits you....

1. Still a JW

<As far as I know I am still in good standing although I haven't had a visit from any brother, sister, elder in nearly 6 years. But then again we know this is Christian love a la JDub.

2. If you dont agree with the JW doctrines any longer do you belong to another religious organization now? If so which and why?

< No siree, that would be jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire. I may just learn to stand on my own to feet for a while without having a crutch to lean on.

3. Are still religious and have no religious affiliation

< What is being religious? Poping into the local church on the weekend on your way home from the local pup where you tried to get into the pants of the barmaid after you gabled away your wages on the pokies after drinking 10 pints of beer ans smoking dope with your homo mates? No I am Waiting for a sign from God

4. Agnostic

What is it exactly?

5. Atheist

What is it exactly?

6. Other - if so what?

Don't know where I stand. Waiting for a sign from HIM if he is there and wants me he should make a move.

I would like him to let me know he excists and he does give a damn. It's been a long wait.

<And behold on the sixth day man created God in his own image.

<This makes sense to me and is the only way everyone is happy.

< As a jehovhs witless, going door to door I was told the al'mighty god was a man, a woman, black, white, a poof, a lesbo, an abbo, an abbo sheila, an abbo lesbian sheila, a homo, an indian, an asian, father, mother........... everyone imagines god to be like them.

So which is it? In whose image did he create us? was he white or black?

No folks, we created god to satify our own needs to worship something. Even people who do not believe in God worship, football heroes, movie stars, politicians, royalty, popstars, or the allmighty Dollar.

This is only my humble oppinion in the light of my present knowledge of the human race. New light may come to me and I may have to change my way of thinking in view of the "New Light"

Thanks guys

And you will know the truth and the REAL truth will set you free.

OlderTom

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit