Nice Melons at assemblies....

by fleaman uk 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Preston
    Preston

...I saw some really nice lunch packages at the assemblies: hot dogs, weiners, celery sticks, taquitos dripping with hot sauce, fried zuchini, meatballs, ...and enough mexican churros to shake a stick at...

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Ha! I dont know much about the melons at Twickenham, but that damn golden cow always made me think of the picture in the Bible Story book when the Isrealites were standing around it waiting for Moses to come back down the mountain.

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

It was those melons that always caused me to bring the binoculars to the assemblies. Whew!

-BONEZZ

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

as a homosexual, im not really relating to the whole "melon" innuendo. but when i was younger, at our circuit assembly we had ice cream. u could put hot fudge, hot caramel, or strawberries on it. and it was cheaaaap man. we used to get like 2 or three per day. and for a long time we had hot food too... nutritious and delicious!

bethel

PS im not really gay... i just like small boobs!!! hehehehe

• Brummie
    Brummie

haha, I never did try the hot fudge though

Brummie

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I miss those sundays! Queens, NY (greenpoint assy hall) will never be the same!

Was there when we tore down the machine, and took home some of the jars!

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

hot dogs, weiners, celery sticks, taquitos dripping with hot sauce, fried zuchini, meatballs, ...and enough mexican churros

Preston, I think you and I were at the same assembly. 5 minutes into the first talk, I generally just settled in to check out all the young honeys they had working as ushers, all the while trying to keep a pious look on my face. I know now that Satan sent all the hottest brothas to my assembly, in order to distract me from spiritual matters.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Ok this is really going to date me, but when I was a kid there were cafeterias at all the assemblies. We stood in long lines, paid in cash, and then ate off those big metal trays like they put food on in M*A*S*H. The food was pretty good, too. The concession stands up here in the northwest always had canteloupe with vanilla ice cream in it, and we always had strawberry short cake with ice cream too. Late in my teenage years I left. When I came back in my early 20s the hot food was gone and all there was to eat was carbs. I always hated assembly food after that. The only good thing about that era was the frozen orange juice.

Seems they got stingier and stingier with what they fed their sheep right down to nothing at all. But you can bet someone is keeping all that money!

Sherry

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Gretchen, you guys got ice cream? And strawberry shortcake?? We didn't get anything good like that! I always had problems at the assemblies because there were no provisions for vegetarians or vegans, nor were we "allowed" to get something off-site. So, sitting there all day with my tummy grumbling, it's no wonder I got distracted by the scenery, I guess.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

they don't have food anymore?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit