Nice Melons at assemblies....

by fleaman uk 19 Replies latest jw friends

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Growing up in the 70,s and 80,s i remember at the DC in Twickenham ,London ,the 1 item of Food that was always liked by us Kids was a slice of melon!! I think they were about 4 tickets each (??)...i must have been very easily pleased because that was a rare Highlight... (i never liked the Drama much even as a Kid).

I dont have too many bad memories of the religion,but i think that even little things like doing away with food at Conventions made me question what the hell i was doing in it

Yep,for a variety of reasons,Melons led to me leaving ...

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

When they discontinued (simplification) hot burritos with the taco sauce on the side ca 1989 i got out. Taco

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Yeah... along with nice melons they also had nice jugs, and cans, and globes and bumpers and knockers and ....

• Brummie
    Brummie
    but i think that even little things like doing away with food at Conventions made me question what the hell i was doing in it

Well I figure thats as good as reason as any! Who needs to read Crisis of Conscience when a slice of melon can do the same trick huh. :)

Brummie

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Well I figure thats as good as reason as any! Who needs to read Crisis of Conscience when a slice of melon can do the same trick huh. :)

lol Brummie..2 nice melons did even more for me than C of C...........

• Brummie
    Brummie

yeah I always found the nice melons at assemblies quite stumbling too, I just didnt have the guts to tell the owner incase stumbled her too.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Jw,s will always have their knockers..............

• Brummie
    Brummie

buwahahaahaa

• neverin
    neverin

Speaking of "melons" at assemblies I got a look at the minutes of a circuit meeting re suitable behaviour at assemblies and noted that females were to be discouraged from wearing short skirts in the tiered seating areas as people sitting below them could cop an eyeful. But the thing that made me really laugh was the item about making sure people put on sunscreen as at the previous assembly the brother chosen to wear a sandwich board promoting covering up in the sun had to be treated for sun stroke ;)

• Gadget
    Gadget

Lol@Brummie

I was gutted when they stopped doing the food at assemblies, we used to volounteer in the fruit packing department at Edinburgh so instead of having to pay ttention we got to skive all the way through, wahey! And talking about miniskirts at assemblies..... a friend of the family complained about a sister wearing a miniskirt to the district assembly, she went on about it so much but never mentioned it again after she turned up as my date a few weeks later, lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit