Do You Feel That Stereotyping Nationalities Is Necessarily Wrong?

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Realist
    Realist

stereotypes are based in part on the AVERAGE behavior of people from a given group. on the other hand however they are also created or exaggerated by the media, politicians etc. in order to distort a situation.

• Xena
    Xena
    Funny thing is----we stereotype JWs regularly

Are you sterotyping people who post here mini?

• willy_think
    willy_think

Well I was out drinking with a bunch of Irishmen and we were talking about this very thing before they started fighting. It didn't last long, a bunch of Mexicans came into the bar and we didn't want to end up stabbed so we took off. You know how it is with Mexicans, when they are around you are about as safe as a Greek sheep. Anyway we jumped in Mohammed's cab and found another place down the street, lots of Jews in it so, we figured it'll be safe as long as we keep one hand on our nickels. Couple more pints and my face was as red as an Indians, feather not dot. We played drinking games wile we talked. I wasn't doing so will, couldn't seem to get anything right. I felt about as lost as a polish scientist at a Japanese computer convention. By the end of the night we came to the conclusion that it is wrong to stereotype people by nationality. All but the French that is. I don't think it's my race that makes me superior, it's my uncanny ability to tell the worth of a man just by looking at him.

• minimus
    minimus

Yes, Xena. I like stereotyping.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

willy_think-

That was hilarious!!

• minimus
    minimus

Willy-----That WAS funny!!

Share this

Google+