Life of Brian

by William Penwell 25 Replies latest social humour

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Hey I just watched for the first time, Monty Python's "Life of Brian". I know the film is 25 years old but being a Dub we could never watch such a show. It was great the way it made fun of the biblical story of Jesus. It had lots of laughs but not quiet as good as their "Holy Grail".

One part I particularly liked was when they were stoning the fellow for saying God's name. John Cleese was acting as the high priest reading out the fellows sentence and how the fellow kept saying Jehovah and John Cleese is having a fit telling him not to say it.

Then the ending when they are all on the cross dying and they start singing, "Always look in the bright side of life".

I think it is good to laugh at ourselves as I believe there were would be less wars and hate in this world if we took things not so serious. I am sure I will get lots of hate mail on this one.

Will

• Sargon
    Sargon

One of my favorite movies... All i said was that halibut was good enough for jehovah...

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I have a fwend in Wome, you know, by the name of Biggus Dickus.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Blessed are... those who have not seen it yet!

• Sargon
    Sargon

And Woderwick

• Satanus
    Satanus

I downloaded it, but haven't watched it. Maybe this thread will encourage me to do so.

S

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

He said how could it be any worse and starts skipping around saying Jehovah, Jehovah. John Cleese says "stop saying Jehovah" and someone throws a rock at John Cleese and hits him in the back.

Will

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

Its a great movie. It comes a close second to Holy Grail.

Suicide Squad, attack!

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    I have a fwend in Wome, you know, by the name of Biggus Dickus.

The crowds were getting him to say Roger and Rederick "Woger and Wederick" and they were all laughing.

I downloaded it, but haven't watched it. Maybe this thread will encourage me to do so.

Yeah I have also downloaded the Last Temptation of Christ and will watching that to. Will

• Pole
    Pole

My favourite excerpt from the movie:

All right. But apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine,
    public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system, and public
    health... What have the Romans ever done for us?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit