OMG, the stink,,,,,,

by kls 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan
    If your kid got sprayed would you keep them outside?

Depends on how old they were at the time. Just kidding. Kids aren't covered by fur. My brother in law's dog got sprayed by a skunk on a six week trip to Mexico (they were still in the States at the time but too far away from home to take him back). I remember they poured tomatoe juice, sauce and other things all over him, but finally had to get something from a vet in Arizona.

My dog is an outside dog, so if she got sprayed, I would get something to try and neutralize it and take her for yet another grooming appointment.....................and probably burn her dog house and get another. Her bed would also be replaced.

Mulan, my dog is an inside talk and she smells very nice.

You are in the minority I think. I can't stand to go into a friend or relative's house and smell dog first thing, and then sit down on the couch or chair and have dog hair all over me. I do know lots of people whose dogs are in the house, and some are like you and keep them very clean and sweet smelling. Cats can be just as bad too, and I think cats are house pets.

I love animals, by the way, but my dog is a shepherd-husky mix and sheds copious amounts of hair eveyrday, so she stays outside, and loves it out there where she can run and play and chase birds, squirrels and cats.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((((jwbot)))))

Well sometimes she gets a poopy stuck in her long butt hair and acts like its chasing her...and that smells because I am the one to get a paper tower and pull the thing out...

ROTFL!!!! Jwbot, we haven't "conversed" much on this board, but I must say that I always read your posts because I feel a kindred spirit with you in some ways. Our devotion to our furry children as well as our love for photography. I've read numerous posts about how much you love your furbaby and Twobit's pictures ALWAYS make me smile. But the above comment is just too funny. What us mommies will do.

• jwbot
    jwbot
    Depends on how old they were at the time. Just kidding. Kids aren't covered by fur. My brother in law's dog got sprayed by a skunk on a six week trip to Mexico (they were still in the States at the time but too far away from home to take him back). I remember they poured tomatoe juice, sauce and other things all over him, but finally had to get something from a vet in Arizona.

I think kids are sort of smelly...and sticky...but then again, I have never been very maternal towards kids. Just the furkids.

You are in the minority I think. I can't stand to go into a friend or relative's house and smell dog first thing, and then sit down on the couch or chair and have dog hair all over me. I do know lots of people whose dogs are in the house, and some are like you and keep them very clean and sweet smelling. Cats can be just as bad too, and I think cats are house pets.

I love animals, by the way, but my dog is a shepherd-husky mix and sheds copious amounts of hair eveyrday, so she stays outside, and loves it out there where she can run and play and chase birds, squirrels and cats.

I do not doubt that I am in the minority. I can understand other peoples positions on these things. I just get defensive when people think I am crazy...I suppose thats OK though. I am sure if you came over my house, you would not get fur on you or smell our dog. I am very up on these things...candles burning just to make the place smell nice in general...plus my dogs shedding is no big deal because the brush takes care of most of it. My guinea pigs were the worst though... That sticky-rolly-thing is very handy to have around...I do notice dog hair on our comfortor on the bed but I use the rolly-thing for that.

Cats are easier to smell...they poop in the house! I have a sensitive nose...I will mostly likely notice if someone has a cat or smokes. Dogs...depending on the person is not as easy to smell. Small places and animals is a bad mix too. My parents house used to be a zoo, dog, cat, birds, guinea pigs...would never notice though, thier house was so big and clean.

ROTFL!!!! Jwbot, we haven't "conversed" much on this board, but I must say that I always read your posts because I feel a kindred spirit with you in some ways. Our devotion to our furry children as well as our love for photography. I've read numerous posts about how much you love your furbaby and Twobit's pictures ALWAYS make me smile. But the above comment is just too funny. What us mommies will do.
    Thanks Billygoat, glad to make someone smile :) I will always jump on an animal topic as a chance to talk/show anything about my pup! Mike and I are thinking about adding to the family...a dachsund (his choice...since I chose border collie) as a friend for Twobit...still mulling it over...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit