OMG, the stink,,,,,,

by kls 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Gypsy is right, kls...tomato juice could have been massaged into their fur OUTSIDE and then they could have been hosed down to rinse it off.

I understand it gets rid of the smell completely.

Frannie

• kls
    kls

I have used tomato juice years ago on my Golden Retriever and it didn't work , so i went to the vet and bought some stuff that help some but not enough

Mulan , my dogs have always been in the house and i couldn't live with out their companionship.

• jwbot
    jwbot
    One more reason to NEVER have dogs IN the house.

Mulan, my dog is an inside talk and she smells very nice. I probably smell worse than her sometimes. Well sometimes she gets a poopy stuck in her long butt hair and acts like its chasing her...and that smells because I am the one to get a paper tower and pull the thing out...

but other than that, I brush her every day and her teeth every 3 days. She is an exceptionally well-groomed animal, cleaner than most humans at Wal-Mart.

I doubt getting sprayed by a skunk is an every-day occurance by a dog. If your kid got sprayed would you keep them outside?

Twobit posing for the camera:

"Stinky dog? Well, I never!"

• NOdenial
    NOdenial

I have experience with removing skunk odors from structures.

If you have this kind of problem - the only solution that I found REALLY works is the following:

1 quart 3% hydrogen peroxide (available from the drug store), 1/2 cup of baking soda, a couple of drops of liquid dish detergent.

I don't think there is anything here that would hurt your dog's skin if left on for a few minutes. Don't get it in their eyes though.

Sucks for the dogs!

NO....denial!

• ballistic
    ballistic

After reading this I'm just glad I don't have animals!!!!

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

What a trying experience kls! I think I missed one point - did you explain that you only have one shower in the house, not two?

Hubby was unable to assist with all this dog washing and bedclothes washing/changing?

I'm confused.

• kls
    kls

No Denial i found that recipe on the net the other day. Hope i won't need it . Thanks

Seeitall, no i have two showers but the other is upstairs and i did not want to travel the stink any farther. The one in my room is small so i washed and he caught and dried. It nows is funny but it wasn't then.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow
    wear gloves. The stink was stuck to my hands for two days.

Good to know! Thanks. You never know what you may need to know!

• jwbot
    jwbot

eew. Sounds like YOU need a bath ;)

• lawrence
    lawrence

I ain't gonna let dem skunks get me!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit