JW foul play.

by avishai 24 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai
    son of a JW elder...also a dub in good standing himself,started an investment company. He promised dubs a good rate of return on their money if they would invest with him.It was a scam with him loosing all the money by poor management,bad investment and just plain theft

Real similar to the situation for my grandfather. Only I won't soft peddle it. His name is Chuck Davidow, it was in Reno NV in the early 90's that he got caught. You know what excuse he used? That taking care of his son (my dad ) for six mo. had bankrupted him. So he went out for the next 6 yrs. and ripped elderly people off for their life savings. Truth is, he did'nt spend that much while we wre there when my dad was sick, he came after my dads estate after he died for $20,000 dollars. Then sold us, his grandkids and daughter in law, a car from his lot that was damn near lethal, nearly killed us. Other mechanics who saw it said it was undrivable, and criminal. This guy was wealthy already, not in the poorhouse, just a crook.

This is the same guy who beat me for an hour, right by my dads bedroom while my dad was dying, trying to take a $5 watch my dad had bought for me. My dad died three days later. I'm not pissed about the beating. I'm pissed my dad had to hear it and could'nt get out of bed. I was 13.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    This is the same guy who beat me for an hour, right by my dads bedroom while my dad was dying, trying to take a $5 watch my dad had bought for me. My dad died three days later. I'm not pissed about the beating. I'm pissed my dad had to hear it and could'nt get out of bed. I was 13.

The WT is full of enough garbage with doctrine without having to deal with this kind of shit.

• avishai
    avishai

Thank you, poztate. Your example of kind parenting has helped me greatly. I have a 2 yr. old daughter, and can only hope to be half as understanding as you are with yours. It's obvious from the interaction between you two on this board that you have a great relationship.

• La Capra
    La Capra

My Dad, a nonJW used to allude to some illegal and unethical dealings that some of the JW men pulled on each other and nonJWs. But my father is a good guy, he would never name names or give details, because it would embarrass the people who got scammed. Even when I was trying to believe in whole religion, I knew my dad was being truthful when he referred to it.

When I was really little, the JW father of my mom's friend set a church on fire. But I think he was just crazy and delusional.

Shoshana

• Soledad
    Soledad

there was an elder with an insurance agency (home, life, auto) run by his family and they would hire other dubs to work in the office. this man was beyond dishonest. he wouldn't pay the insurance carriers the premiums on the customer's policies, so in the end, when someone had to make a claim for damage to their property there was no coverage! also this elder was involved in real estate scams. one of those scams finally caught up to him and he was sent to jail for embezzling over $250,000 from a non-jw man, because, of course, the "brothers" couldn't take him to court or file charges against him. what sickened me most was how all the friends would flock around this elder and his family and kiss up to them because he was so successful and owned a large home and a yacht. so much for "renouncing material possessions."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit