JW foul play.

by avishai 24 Replies latest jw friends

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

LATE 1930 TO 2004'S CARS ALL HAVE HYDRAULIC BRAKES .

BRAKE CABLES ON (HYDRAULIC BRAKES??)

SO YOU SAW CABLES. "MORE THAN ONE" ON A CAR WITH HYDRAULIC BRAKES THAT HAS ONLY ONE CABLE. THE EMERGENCY BRAKE.

NONE OF THE 4 WHEELS HAS A CABLE TO IT. ONLY HYDRAULIC LINES.

Outoftheorg

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

avishai:

Many JW's, beyond the whole not thking your bro to court thing would be loathe to "bring reproach on jah's name, or would be discouraged from reporting for this reason.

I knew of exactly a situation like that in my old Congo in Cali. The PO had a romantic affair with his secretary/sister in the Cong. When it was discovered (by his own son no less), lets just say the poopoo hit the fan big time! She was going to file a sexual harassment suit against him and his company, now this "company" was elbow deep in Kingdom Hall rebuilds, cozy with the DO, CO and all the uppity JW's in the surrounding area for miles. They also employed A LOT of JW families!

So the District Overseer felt it of such a concern he came to the Elders meeting with this (soon to be X PO),LOL It was determined the best way to handle the situation and make it go away was to pay the sister off so she wouldn't go to court and "bring reproach on jah's name" Lets just say an arrangement was made to silence her, money changed hands and life went on..........but our congregation had a new PO and two other publishers were gone from our congregation. She and her husband left and to complicate matters worse her husband worked for that company until they squeezed him out.

The whole situation made me sick, not a lot of people knew about it unfortunately for me I was best friends with the PO's wife and she had really been a strong shoulder for me when I was trying to put my marriage back together from my X's affair with a sister no less.

Yeah it does happen and it does go on all for the sake of exactly what you said; "not to bring reproach on jah's name", who do they really think they are kidding? This situation along with the fiasco regarding my X's situation is exactly what convinced me that there is no way in hell that God could be behind the organization of JW's.

Kate

• Xena
    Xena

I always found it amusing how periodically they had to stress the importance of getting everything in writing when dealing with your "brothers"....lot of good that did you when you couldn't take them to court if they decided not to fulfil the terms. I think most people are aware you do business with "brothers" at your own risk!!!

• undercover
    undercover

The construction dubs were a notoriously shady bunch.

Paid wages in cash without deducting taxes. Cheated on taxes, company and personal. Underpaid employees by not paying them for all hours worked. Committed fraud against insurance companies. Solicited work from fellow JWs but did inferior work at elevated prices. Underpriced and stole jobs from other brothers already contracted for that job. Dealt with black market materials. Stole materials from jobsites.

Those are just the ones that popped into my head without thinking that I knew of personally. I learned to not seek employment with most JWs who owned their own businesses. I also learned that if a JW with his own business was actively seeking to getting the friends to hire them for some project or job, they did inferior work, charged too much and were generally not to be trusted.

But to be fair, there were some dubs (a minority) who owned their own businesses who were honest. I learned to spot them also. They didn't talk about their jobs much. They didn't brag about being self-employed. They didn't look to get work from fellow dubs. A lot of dubs would not even know what business these brothers were in. When hired by a dub, they always had estimates, contracts and other paperwork to ensure no misunderstandings.

So, there were good but the bad outweighed the good at least 2 to 1. You wouldn't think that could be possible in God's true organization, huh?

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

JW A owned a automobile shop. JW B was the accountant. A knew nothing about finances and let Bvdo all the money work. Police contact A, and let him know that B is skimming thousands of dollars from the company. Turns out over years A lost almost $500,000 (this in mid-seventies). A doesn't want to press charges because B is a brother. Police go ahead with charges anyway, which A gets approached about from elders for bringing a brother to court. Elders don't believe that A didn't press charges so take away all "privleges" and nothing happens to B. Later B gets DF'd for homosexuality.

• Corvin
    Corvin

I also may get the usual "Jw's are basically good, blah, blah, blah." Yes. But I also say that the way you are taught to be able to sever close relationships at the drop of a hat (df'ing) no unconditional love, taught to HOPE for the destruction of 99% of the population, not to mention that you are in an isolated, closed society that usually does'nt take one another to court, is a prime environment for some vicious behavior.

Yes, most JW?s seem to be basically good. It cannot be overlooked when they swarm together like locusts to support outright lies, however. They are, in the end, very vindictive and vengeful. When threatened or when their hypocrisy is exposed, they will forget all the Christian teachings and principals and take a swipe at your juggler to shut you up. Anyone who thinks differently has not directly challenged them. At the drop of a hat, they will do or say whatever they think is justified, even propagate lies to cover their arses.

Corvin

• Sargon
    Sargon

I've heard it said that loyalty to the organisation is more important than the truth.

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

Hmm...foul play...havent heard of anything personally...only on this board

• avishai
    avishai
    SO YOU SAW CABLES. "MORE THAN ONE" ON A CAR WITH HYDRAULIC BRAKES THAT HAS ONLY ONE CABLE. THE EMERGENCY BRAKE.

NONE OF THE 4 WHEELS HAS A CABLE TO IT. ONLY HYDRAULIC LINES.

Sorry, not the cable, the brake lines, Geez, gimme a break. Yes, the lines were cut so the fluid would leak out, making the brakes not work.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    What instances do you know of JW crime, particularly JW on JW

HUGE scandal here,

A son of a JW elder...also a dub in good standing himself,started an investment company. He promised dubs a good rate of return on their money if they would invest with him.It was a scam with him loosing all the money by poor management,bad investment and just plain theft.

It made the headlines of the newspapers here about the scam which involved many JW's loosing their life savings.The reaction of "worldly people" was to start a fund to help those who lost money. The dub son left town and as far as I know was never DF'ed.The city was XXXXXXXXXXXX and the time was about 20 years ago.

I edited my post to take out city. Anyone I know well can PM me and I will tell them city.

Poz.......of the paranoid group

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit