should crisis of conscience be on the net?

by sleepy 29 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

sleepy If he put it on the net NOBODY would buy it. Plain and simple. People would be sharing the file with everyone and their dog.

These days $15 is nothing to spend for a book. And personally I would rather pay that $15 to Ray than all the money I handed over to the borg for their bit of trash.

Reality is that there are a lot of other people who have written books about the WTS and they too sell their books.

You want to read it for free try your local library. Many of them do carry it or will stock it if you ask. So it can be read for free. It just requires a bit of effort on your part.

• sleepy
    sleepy

Lady lee you are missing the point , I bought the book already , I always buy things books CD's etc it not about that.
    Its about other people having the opportunity to read this , now the internet is around.
    Its not a cook book or some fairy tale , this information can effect peoples lives and the author helped put these people in that postion in the first place.
    I feel a debt of responsability to people I talked to on the ministry (I never got anyone baptised but who know what I said could have helped people), imagine though I had written some of the magazines and books that had effected so many peoples lives in such a drastic way.
    I would feel a larger debt.
    Prime ministers , presidents and people in responsable postions should carry greater weight of responsabilty for bad actions as they effect more people.
    I feel the same way about religious leaders.
    Is Ray Franzes need greater than those people he effected?

• ballistic
    ballistic

Just ask yourself why the Watchtower doesn't release all their literature on the net free. There is your answer.

• Balsam
    Balsam

When I was looking for COC, I had wished it was on the internet. But when I finally had the book in hand and saw how thick it was I was glad it had not been on there. I believe there are some exerpts from the book at Raymonds web site which gives a taste of the book. But having that book in hand is liberating in itself somehow. And hey you can't take the computer to the bath tub to read and relax like you can with a good book.

I think the exerpts are enough for a JW to decide if the book if for them. Buying it or getting it from a library (If JW have stolen the copies in order to destroy it) is the best way to read it.

Ruth

• jgnat
    jgnat

Sleepy, it is those same arguments that have keept Day Care Worker and Teacher's wages in the toilet. The reasoning is that these professions are so altruistic, no-one should be in the business for the money. Do we attract the best and the brightest to these professions, Sleepy, these people who we entrust to raise our precious children? As important as Crisis of Conscience is for exiting witnesses, it is not public domain. As others have said, the information, say, on Malawi and the UN is freely available on the 'net, just compiled as Ray Franz has done.

I am grateful that Ray Franz has some source of income, as small as it is. I do not begrudge him the penny.

• larc
    larc

I am very tired of those who attack Ray Franz. I retired at the age of 60. That was the same age that Ray was kicked out of Bethel, with no benefits. Yes, there are others his age that faced poverty. However, Ray wrote a magnificant book, a book that changed many lives. The book is low priced, so cough up the money and buy one. When any of you write a book, I won't ask for a free copy. I will pay for it.

• larc
    larc

One other thing, how many of you could write a book in the first place? Perhaps a novel, but nothing as schalorly as what Ray wrote. Try it sometime and see how well you do. I am disgusted at those who go after Ray. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

• larc
    larc

I am not in a good mood. Do all the young ones amongst us think they can down load music. Don't you know that they are intellectual properties? How about if someone stole your shit? Would you like that? Write a book. Write a poem, and just give it all away free. What a grand idea!

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

If someone wants 'Crisis of Conscience' to be freely available on the Internet, then perhaps they should be willing to buy the rights to the book from Ray Franz, if he's willing to sell. Then they can distribute it as they see fit.

Walter

• sleepy
    sleepy

Larc you are so missing the point.Ray franz is no different to anyone else.He deserves no more respect than the next guy, no less.
    Buy his positon in the organistaion though ,he has access to much greater information than the average witness.
    What he has is information and responsability.
    As a governing body member and writer of wacthtower articles he will have directly affected thousands of peoples lives.If there was the possability that people could read the information he has , by chance , by seeing on the net he could help more of those he affected.Is this not more important, than earning some cash?
    The vast majority of ex-witness who write on the net do so for free, why is his case different?
    This is not about being stingy I again repeat I have bought the book and would have done even if it was on the net.
    I am disscussing the principle , not attacking the person .I do not know Franz and am sure he is a nice guy.
    All anyone has said so far is he needs to earn some money.How about those the information would help?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit