Are you an atheist? ...

by Nicolas 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Nicolas
    Nicolas

Personally, I consider myself as a "soft-atheist". I don't believe in god but I keep an open mind and if someone can come with a real proof of god's existence, I'll take it. For now, I consider that believing in god, is just as silly as believing in Santa Claus.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

I understand completely! I am that way too.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I don't believe in the bible god. But, it could be that the universe is alive, somehow.

S

Ps, there could be a trollish spirit living in a bush in the sinai that matches the temperament of jehoover. But, it certainly isn't powerful and smart, not to mention omnipotent and omniscient, except in it's own shrivelled mind.

• Nat-Oz
    Nat-Oz

I saw this movie a while back and one of the characters said:

"God is just an imaginary friend for adults"

I think I would have to agree there.

Life is too short for me to be worrying about the big fella anyway.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz
    I don't believe in god but I keep an open mind and if someone can come with a real proof of god's existence, I'll take it. For now, I consider that believing in god, is just as silly as believing in Santa Claus.

I feel the same way.. although I call myself agnostic as opposed to a "soft" atheist.

• teejay
    teejay

Hmmm. "Soft-atheist," eh? Maybe that's what *I* am. And all this time I thought I was an agnostic.

p.s. Sister Pantz? You're looking mighty spiffy these days.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I'm of the feeling Mystery is to deep to understand. So I would say I'm trying to be a Non Conceptualizer and beleive the first causation is unknowable. Which is itself a concept.So I doubt there is this individual god some where creating everything. Maybe all that we think exist,, is god??and Then again maybe not?

Or maybe everything that happens is just a projection of time space and since "nothing" is infinite out of which these came there is no reason which directs the process that would satisfy our conceptualize mind of thoughts.

• Lecari12RuleU
    Lecari12RuleU

I too consider myself agnostic now. I'm not sure if there is a God or not, but I'll tell you that I'm leaning towards a NO. My reason for not knowing or really believing in God anymore? Well, if JW is not God's chosen religion, then how could any other religion be right? How can I know that God exists at all, if everything I've believed in and have been taught since birth isn't true? And another thing about that...how could "I" be so LUCKY to have bene born into GOD's CHOSEN religion? It just don't make any sense to me. That's highly unlikely!!! What LUCK that would be, that there are so many hundreds of religions around the world and I (like many) was born into the RIGHT one, a JW? Not likely, unless we are the most SPECIAL ppl that have ever existed!!! You spend too much time praying to God, when you discover that you don't really need to anymore, no one to hear it anyway. Just some things I've been hashing in my scull. BTW, I love that movie quote from the BIG BOUNCE too! "God is just an imaginary friend for adults".......PERFECT! :)

• meggidon555
    meggidon555

as soon as I see a society that can break this

god > morals > laws > goverment

to eliminate one it to elimnate the other ending in anarchy

case in point read up on hawaii and christianty

sucks huh I would love to see and end to goverment

hell i can live with god give me a break with taxes

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

You're making a jump from God to morals. I'm assuming with your statement that without God, there would be no moral, no morals = no laws, and therfore a breakdown in gov't. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

Your first assumption is "no god=no morals". Guess what? The two are not related dependant upon each other.

The "bible God" lacks morals. If we relied on him for our sense of "morality", we'd happily condone genocide, slavery, killing of children/women/elderly/animals in war, blood sacrifice, etc.

Please don't tell me you think agnostics and athiestics lack morals/ethics.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit