My ex-wife/ex-mother-in-law hired a thug to "hurt" me

by outbutnotdown 19 Replies latest jw friends

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown

I was out at the local pub on Monday night and a big guy came up to me and wanted to "talk" to me. As I went to see what he wanted, I made eye contact with the bouncer so that he knew that I wasn't completely cofortable with the situation. The guy started off by saying that my ex-wife has been complaining that I have been harrassing her and that it's getting bad enough that she has to move out of town. (The truth is that she wanted to get back together but I politely said no and she has been vindictive ever since. I harbour no resentment towards her, but I also want to live the rest of my life in relative peace.) But, within 15 minutes, he was shaking my hand and telling me to protect myself from her.

But by asking friends of friends some questions, etc., here's what I have found out:

(names left out, to protect myself and these "guys")

- this "Monday night at the pub" guy, (T.) was originally sent to "hurt" me.

- the guy that sent him, (K.) knew me through a mutual friend and didn't believe the ex's family's story enough to let the guy "hurt" me without asking my side of the story. K. told me this on Thurs. a.m.

- my ex's family has been telling people that I have sexually assaulted my daughter, and despite it being a despicable lie, this is the real reason why he was supposed to "hurt" me.

- based on what the ex's family had said about me, K. was about to send T. over to "hurt" the guy, right up to the point that he was shown the picture of the guy he was supposed to take care of (he was shocked that it was me). My ex mother-in-law is a very manipulative person, as was evidenced by her convincing K. to do this.

- the reason that my ex-mother-in-law knows K. is because they were witnesses to his son being hit by a car in a hit-and-run and this was supposed to be a "return the favour" type of thing.

- K. has told me that I don't have to worry about any of his aquaintances "hurting" me anymore but that she has also said that she is going to frame me for something with the police.

- on Wed., when I dropped off my son at her place after a visit my ex asked me to go into her parents' place to talk about something in private. Based on what K. has been told by them, he said I was very smart and lucky that I didn't go in there.

By the way, one of the things that I got the Judge to order was that my children are not to be allowed to be raised as JW's, and isn't it the Christian thing to do, that if they can't convert you, they have you killed?

Sorry for my sarcasm, but it just boggles my mind that this woman is a pioneer and held in very high esteem in their KH and when I spoke to an elder about what she has been doing, he said that she told him to mind his own business, so he's not pursuing it beyond that.

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THAT F***ING RELIGION????!!!!!! That is somewhat of a rhetorical question, since I already have a pretty good idea of what is wrong with it.

B.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

This should (in my opinion) be taken to the police. File a report, have the guys testify to what they were asked to do. Get it on record. Soliciting an assault must be a felony, although I'm not familiar with every state's code, I believe it certainly is where I live. But get the report in there first and then if she tries to trump something up later you have it on record what she has tried to do.

Sherry

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I agree with Sherry. The only problem you might run into is K. and T. not wanting to testify against them because of their involvement. Definately not something that should be taken lightly, looks like you're not. Be careful.

Kwin

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Gretch' gave you some good advice. If I were you I would pursue this thing and also get a judge to issue a restraining order agains this person and her family. I would also file a formal complaint with your local police dept.

If the law enforcement in your area do not confront this person and family, I would at least have an attorney contact them in writing and inform them of what actions will be taken if this is to happen again.

Sounds like you are dealing with some hatefull demented people.

Outoftheorg

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown

I did go to the police, but I did not mention the names of K. and T., at their request of course. They feel, and I agree that they helped me out by letting me know what's going on, so I have to respect their desire for anonymity. I also don't condone their actions, but I have learned to pick my battles and this is not one that I feel good about picking.....

As for the police, if these guys did testify, it would be a slam dunk for a conviction on a few things, but they agreed with me, that it would not be a good idea for me to go against what they said. I have a few other options that I am trying as well, so I'm hoping that this works before they find someone else to do the dirty deed.

Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.

B.

• Sassy
    Sassy

damn.. that is horrible..

do you have enough on them to turn them in?

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I would get a restraining order on the ex and her mother and then fight for full custody of your child. Do you honestly want your child being around a mother that is conniving enought to set a hit out on you?

• hillbilly
    hillbilly
    Sorry for my sarcasm, but it just boggles my mind that this woman is a pioneer and held in very high esteem in their KH and when I spoke to an elder about what she has been doing, he said that she told him to mind his own business, so he's not pursuing it beyond that.

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THAT F***ING RELIGION????!!!!!! That is somewhat of a rhetorical question, since I already have a pretty good idea of what is wrong with it.

B.

Yep-- I believe all of your story... The lily white, suburban, bland as oatmeal congregation here helped my wife disapear and abandon her child. I questioned her elders and got the same kind of feedback you got. "NONE of OUR Business" but the conversation quickly swung to "WHY ARE YOU NOT ACTIVE ANYMORE? The conversation ended when I told him "I don't associate with liars like he sheperds." He was red-faced when I was done with him.

JW'S can pick sides and "justice" is not in their vocabulary. Someday try to draw one into a conversation about "fairness" or "justice" and how those words work at a personal level. It's easy to pay your taxes like the law says.... but personal morality is more than that. I think you have seen how twisted your ex- masters are.

Well-- be cool, document and be firm...She and her partners should be in jail... In the states she'd be facing several serious charges, most felonius.

------------Hill

• Mary
    Mary

Oh my god that's awful!!! Your ex is a psycho bitch and it sounds like her entire family is too............I understand the guy who was supposed to "do you in", wants anonimity, but is there anyway he would consider wearing a wire and have this bitch say something incriminating on tape that the cops can use??

This is scary stuff man............for god's sake don't let it go, cause who-knows-what she'll think of next!!

when I spoke to an elder about what she has been doing, he said that she told him to mind his own business, so he's not pursuing it beyond that.

Why is it that the elders stick their noses into every aspect of your life, from picking your nose to blood transfusions---things that are none of their damn business, but when it comes to serious stuff, like pedophilia and hired hit men, they turn a blind eye? If I were you, I'd tell this elder that if she's ever charged with anything, you'll make sure the newspapers know that she was a Witness and that the elders refused to do anything when told about her plans to have you "taken care of".

Assholes.

• Special K
    Special K

I'd take the whole thing to the police.

This is just not right!

Protect yourself.

Special K

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit