so long and thanks for all the shoes

by doogie 20 Replies latest jw friends

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Hey Doogie,

It was nice having you here. Good luck, and maybe we'll see you around sometime!

SNG

• kls
    kls

Run Dont Walk ,These threads of people leaving is to let many of us know , that are friends on here ,that they are leaving and why. I would rather they tell us thanks for the help and they are ready to move on then some one leave and find out they died .

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

No, no, no... you said that wrong! It is: "So long and thanks for all the fish".

Note: In saying this one sounds like dolphins squeaking the star spangled banner.

• doogie
    doogie

rundontwalk-

what's the difference to you? just because you don't agree with/understand something doesn't give you license to tear it down (if anything, it means you should probably keep your mouth shut).

i posted this thread to explain to the friends i have made through this board why i would not be posting anymore. in addition, i feel it might be good for new people on here to know that just because you were a JW once doesn't mean you are permanently scarred (it helped me when i was first on here).

i guess what i'm trying to say is, this is not for you so you may return to your hate-filled cave now.

bye bye, all.

• dmouse
    dmouse
    but i am really SICK AND TIRED of GOOD-BYE threads,

I must admit, I'm leaning towards rundon'twalk's point of view. WHY do people need to post a 'this is my last post' sorta thing.

Wouldn't it it better to post a 'I won't be around so much' sort of thread?

Hell, I got sick of this board, especially during slagging matches, but I NEVER said I would NEVER come back again.

Doogie: OK, so you can move on; fine. I'm pleased for you and I agree that that's a healthy thing. I nearly did the same thing myself.

Except I can't quite break free from needing to know what the bastards (Org) are up to, and this is THE best place to find out.

I understand what you mean though - best of luck in the 'real' world:

Regards, Dean.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Doogie- I never got to know you personally, but I think it shows good manners to let your online buddies know that you're leaving, and why. Otherwise, people start to say "Where's Doogie been lately? Geez, it's been a couple of weeks since we heard from him/her. Hey, what's that strange smell wafting from Doogie's avatar?"

So, it's nice of you to let them all know. Take care, have a great journey, and pop in to say hi if you ever get to missing us.

• bisous
    bisous

I think some folks take *umbrage* at these farewell threads because they smack of a bit of arrogance....sort of like, I'm over it and why aren't all of you.

People hang around years for many reasons: to help others, for the friendship and association with those who have a common experience, and also maybe because the depth and breadth of their wounds are greater than the average ex-witless and therefore will have a much longer healing period.

That's my 2 cents.

oh and BTW, bonne chance Doogie.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

doogie,

I love your attitude. You are absolutely right, move on with your life.

The encouragement you give to stay to help others is right on, imho. If someone wasn't here while I was existing, I wouldn't have gotten the help/encouragement/support that I needed. I feel like I got a helping hand so I stay to help others while they leave and support them through the grief process.

Enjoy the rest of your life.

Joy

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

take care mate, I'm trying to do a slow fade here LOL

• Golf
    Golf

Take care, how about taking up golf?

Guest 77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest