Questions

by 2evil 65 Replies latest jw friends

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz
    The real big thing for me was reading George Orwells '1984'

I can't tell you how many times I've read online that '1984' was influential in someone leaving. I remember the first time I read it, the parallels were so close. It stayed in the back of my head for a few years, untill I left and I read it again, my eyes were clearly opened.

• gumby
    gumby
    The generation change, the biggest in my lifetime, is huge, however. I'd like to hear mostly from former elders. What made you SURE this was not the truth?

Welcome.

Not too sure why you chose to hear former Elders advise preferably....but oh well.

The generation change tells the whole story....as every other fallacy of their rests on the same story........they are not 'gods channel' obviously because god doesn't make mistakes, and they claim god has guided them since 1919 specifically.

Ten years ago if you would have openly stated that you believed the "generation" to mean what the witnesses NOW believe it means, you would have been disfellowshipped for Apostasy. They would have you believe god would rather you believe something untrue and follow their leading, rather than be correct and follow your own understanding. Cults don't allow freedom of thought.

Gumby....BTW...nice to have you.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I guess the "Jesus is only the mediator for the 144,000 and not the great crowd" thing, was pretty big for me.

Interestingly one of the main demos at the Elder's School (Dec 2001), just before I left, was on the subject of encouraging someone inactive over the "Generation" change.
    I'm betting that if the school had been held a few months later it would have been on the United Nations thing, instead

• mustang
    mustang

Actually, the UN is a big issue. It tells me that there is NO EVIDENCE OF HS.

The biggest problem of the WTS is arrogance (other than making loads of mistakes as wannabe prophets). The WTS?s basic MO is "allow no quarter". In modern parlance, that means ZERO TOLERANCE. So, you can join a YMCA and get DF?d or "auto-DA?d (they will claim that you DA?d yourself JUST BY THE ACTION ITSELF).

But, the "leaders" can join the UN and GET AWAY WITH IT, especially after ignoring and whitewashing any notice of this. The duplicity here is staggering. There are scriptures that point to those judging harshly BEING JUDGED IN THE SAME MANNER.

In the days when I grew up, it was put in no uncertain terms that the UN was evil. Now they are backpedaling on this FOR POLITICAL ACCOMMODATIONS AND SUCH LIKE GAIN.

It is great that they got "caught with their pants down" and "their hands in the cookie jar". Even if they can do the usual weaseling out of it with the R&F, they aren?t fooling God or the on-lookers.

Some of us actually believed what the WTS taught us: if you do so, then the "let your YES mean YES and let your NO mean NO" says that Brooklyn is biggest of the liars out there. That is enough for condemnation, in itself.

I am an "old-timer", raised in the truth in the 50?s. I haven?t been to a meeting in 30 years but: I pIONEERED, was an "MS equivalent" (I say this because it was before the MS arrangement existed) and saw lots of the back room politics. That includes getting the "evil-eye" from N.H. Knorr and surviving.

And that is just what it is, in the back room: POLITICS!!!

Mustang

• DaCheech
    DaCheech
    Some brothers just seem so strong and inteligent. Makes me doubt that they could be so wrong.

The ones that look intelligent do so by arse kissing in order to go up the rank system. When reaching the top there is always someone to impress

in order to get special treatments, even if it's getting a part at the assembly!

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Gadget, do you know pishadell?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit