relationship with jw

by curious_catholic 33 Replies latest social relationships

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

CC:

thank you everyone for your very BIAS opinions, il follow up on my issues soon

What do you expect, when you post on a board where people have been through what you're putting yourself through? It sounds like you are getting suckered into joining the JW's. If she's still attending three times a week then it doesn't look like she's leaving any time soon.

There are loads of experiences of your situation, on this site. Most of them end in tragedy.
    I'm sorry if that's upsetting, but it's true...

I left the JW "religion", and my wife didn't. The end result was made intolerable, by them. After slow decay, the relationship ended up destroyed. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, so please listen carefully to what people are saying here. They honestly have your best interests at heart.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

CC-

I was a believing JW when I met my husband (who is nonreligious). I married him in an attempt to not get disfellowshipped. They kicked me out anyways and it was the best thing they could've done. Now I'm living happily ever after.

My point? Sometimes it works out in the end.

• willy_think
    willy_think

Dude,

The short answer to the Why question is; because the WT is a totalitarian high control cult.

I started to type about the deception that is being perpetrated on you by this woman, double life and all that. But to hell with it, you are in love, you wont hear me anyway. Just get out of the relationship now and find someone who will be healthy for you.

RUN RUN RUN

At least I told you even if you are using too much of your imagination in the relationship to believe the truth.

• curious_catholic
    curious_catholic

lol the funny thing is, i bring her to my church....and at the same time she goes to her church and through this process, she comparing the two religions. she has every right to choose what she wants to be. just because her family is jw, doesnt mean she has to follow.....she has a mature mind and i respect her on what ever decision she makes.... i havent told her about these discussions...lets face it, once you do something wrong in the jw religion, you become completly lost and filled with anger and hate...to be disfellowship is wrong because your not suppose to be making the rules, it god, and only he can decide the faith of a person.

• curious_catholic
    curious_catholic

neo madman my i please have your email, u know alot about this religion

• Sirona
    Sirona

Curious,

I bet you don't know how many others are in the same position as you are...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/32/77159/1.ashx

check it out!

Sirona

• curious_catholic
    curious_catholic

thanks for the link

• Preston
    Preston

Well, as their principle states: "Do not be evenly yoked with unbelievers" and in according to them you being an "unbeliever" is the key, not because you're a good listener, a good lover, or what have you.... They even apply it to Jehovah's Witnesses who have different "Spiritual" priorities like one preaches to people more than the other. It's funny, it seems like you can't be married for right reasons....

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

On the other side of the spectrum, I was the JW who was dating a catholic girl.. If she truely cares for you, she will not only say yes to your purposal, but risk the shunning that will follow to be with you. If not...

• Joker10
    Joker10

Please tell her about your discussions here. You will be doing her and yourself a favor. And about you criticising JWs: Catholics are not the finest people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit