Bush Documents a Forgery

by Yizuman 40 Replies latest social current

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

:then how is it that hundreds of people have done just that ??

My signature is all over the place too. Far more varience between some of my signatures than the ones you showed. Besides, the doc experts backing away from their original involvement, are saying for the most part that they only authenticated the signatures (and gave them a thumbs up, btw) to the best of their ability, not the entire document.

The documents may indeed turn out to be forged, but it would seem if so that the forger used the equipment of the day (most likely), or painstakingly used photoshop to make his forgery look exactly like the equipment of the day (less likely, given that it isn't that hard to find typewriters from that era). And, if they are forged, they are forged by someone who knew the situation pertained to in the memos intimately.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief
    And, if they are forged, they are forged by someone who knew the situation pertained to in the memos intimately.

Oh gods, six, you are actually taking the testimony of a woman who claims something based on half-remembered events thirty years ago over the testimony of actual experts, people who make a living on something. Oh yeah, and your own preconceived notions of who W is. I say you need to rethink some things. Stop defending the documents. Be quiet and they'll go away. You are only making things worse for your boy in terms of the election. Just be quiet, shut up, let it ride, and it'll go away. It always does. Try focusing on something else.

CZAR

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

The documents are so obviously faked that even a child can tell them apart. No typewriter in existance in those days had keys for superscript, or was capable of kerning. End of story.

Now, as to the significance, that's an entirely different matter. Are the documents really necessary to prove Bush skipped out on his service? Probably not. Does it matter if he skipped out? Probably not. It's just another volley in the mud slinging war. Personally, I like my mud to be of a higher quality.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Uh... yeah Czar, I am. I mean, I may have called you stupid at one point or another in the heat of an argument, but I didn't really mean it in the "low IQ" sense. But surely you must be more interested in the testimony of a person who was there, actually involved in the situation, a person who remembers the events spoken of in the memos clearly, than you are the testimony of document experts? After all, even if these are forged, the actions of GW Bush are what was interesting about them in the first place. Maybe Jesus could have his "mystery years", but the president of the United States needs to account for his past.

As well, surely you see a huge difference between the document experts' fields of expertise in terms of what they can and cannot comment on in this case intelligently and legitimately, and what this woman can comment on legitimately in this case? And if you can see that, why did you make the post above?

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief
    And if you can see that, why did you make the post above

Mostly out of pity. The milk of human kindness, say. Somebody set him up. Was it the Bushies? Or the Clintonistas he just hired that want Hillary in '08?

The documents are FORGED, six. No matter how you try to spin it, it is just going to make Kerry look bad. I'm telling you this because I like you... sort of... and the way your boy is screwing up left and right is painful to watch, even from the other side. I'd hate to see a long time Senator crash and burn over this; but the fact is he might not even be able to win his Senate seat back. So, some advice to the Kerry party (through you) just DROP it. Let it go! Don't defend it. Don't even talk about it. Change the gears on the campaign to something else, anything else, but for god's sake drop the documents. Deep six Rather, he's dug his own grave, and just move to something else. Health care, the size of the army, or the environment. Just drop the documents. They are irrelevant anyway to the issues at hand.

I really think Kerry okayed this because of the Swift boat ads (which I did not condone) and to try some quid pro quo action. The problem is, Vietnam was too long ago, too far away, and everybody came away from that a little bit dirty. Nobody who was in Vietnam came away looking good, except maybe McCain.

Now, obviously, I want Bush to win. But I'm trying to be sympathetic to you guys. These documents are a level one betrayal of Kerry's trust and the best thing to do is dump them and move on.

The secretary's testimony probably wouldn't hold up in court, or even be admissable evidence. But trust me, there is no way now that her testimony is going to help validate the forged documents. Noway, nohow.

Of course, if Johnny boy wants to change his middle name to Mondale, that's fine with me...

CZAR

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

:The documents are so obviously faked that even a child can tell them apart. No typewriter in existance in those days had keys for superscript, or was capable of kerning. End of story.

Uh, no. Do a tiny bit of research before you write something as fatuous as "end of story". Jesus.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

they were fake. Live with it.

Even Killian's personal secretary (who typed ALL his memos) said they're fake.

She also said, however, that Killian did feel this way towards Bush, even though he liked him.

The memos were fake though, CBS had two 'experts', neither with credentials (except the one was a typewriter repairman in the early 70's)

Rev

• amac
    amac

Myauntfanny made a good post on here that seems to have been overlooked by the Bush supporters, so I would like to repost it:

I don't understand why there is so much focus on these forged documents when we already know that he didn't complete his National Guard service, didn't take the physical, and wasn't penalised for it. These three facts are not in dispute, even by him and his henchmen. The alleged documents make him look like even more of a pratt than he did already, but he was AWOL even by normal people standards, so what does it matter? The central issue is did he fulfill his obligations (during wartime), or pay the price for not doing so? And the answer is no, and no.

Czar, you make a huge unfounded leap in going from "they are forged" to " I really think Kerry okayed this..." You are trying to shift the focus from being on "Bush's going AWOL" to "Kerry had documents forged to show that Bush went AWOL."

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

SN,

Meanwhile, the secretary of the purported author of the questioned memos said today that she indeed did type memos with the substance of the disputed memos (though she does not believe these memos to be her work, and believes them to be likely faked by someone with access to the originals), and corraborated the information about Bush's lack of service and disdain for his duty.

What I have read is that Killians secretary said she thought they were forged but they did reflect her former bosses opinion about Bush.

"She said she did not recall typing the memos reported by CBS News, though she said they accurately reflect the viewpoints of Lt. Col. Killian and documents that would have been in the personal file. Also, she could not say whether the CBS documents corresponded memo for memo with that file.

"The information in here was correct, but it was picked up from the real ones," she said..... "

http://seetheforest.blogspot.com/2004_09_01_seetheforest_archive.html#109510272350016808

I agree that we are being sidetracked by both the Republicans and Democrats from the real election issues like the war, the economy, healthcare etc.

Will

• RevMalk
    RevMalk
    I agree that we are being sidetracked by both the Republicans and Democrats from the real election issues like the war, the economy, healthcare etc.

I'll agree with that as well...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit