• Annanias
    Annanias

Spiders.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Being confined.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

So it appears that if I dress up like a dirty (germ infested) clown, covered with spiders and march (as in a parade) and jump out from behind a door and yell "boo" I'll get most of you. Thanks!

• Margie
    Margie

Heights. I even get scared when someone else is in a scary high place.

• CeriseRose
    CeriseRose

Heights would be mine. I remember taking the school bus on field trips into the city and just looking up at the tall buildings (20+ floors) would make me cower in my seat and cling for dear life.

I also have a horrifying fear of people close to me dying, or when someone is sick/hurt, that I automatically make it fatal in my head (my cat had a sprained foot and I had half convinced myself it was a cancerous lump I'd missed). I think that's more of a conditioned response from my recent(ish) history rather than a true 'fear.' And I'm trying very hard to not think like that. Very hard.

• morty
    morty

lmao@confusedjw.....

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Animated skeletons. Why? Seeing the movies Jason and the Argonauts and House On Haunted Hill when I was a tiny child. The movie The Screaming Skull didn't help me very much in this regard either.

Because of my fear I did not go see the movie Pirates of the Caribbean.

The other day there was an animated, singing skeleton by the door at Wal-mart. I saw it and became gripped with fear. Andy had to help me get away from it.

I'm a tough person about almost anything else. I guess it just goes to show how badly movies can scare a child.

• CeriseRose
    CeriseRose

OMG I watched Jason and the Argonauts dozens of times and those things freaked me out too. It didn't last much past the ending of the movie for me though. *shudder*

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

OMG I watched Jason and the Argonauts dozens of times and those things freaked me out too. It didn't last much past the ending of the movie for me though. *shudder*

I just checked and that movie came out sometime during the year 1963. So I would have been four if the movie came out before October. The way those skeltons clacked and chattered and just the eery way they moved terrified me. Then there was the skeleton that comes up out of the vat of acid in the floor and grabs someone. Whoa was that terrifying. That movie, The House On Haunted Hill came out in 1958, the year I was born. I am pretty sure I was 2 or 3 when I saw it on TV.

We'll have to get together and watch scary skeleton movies sometime.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

My fear is breathing water...........in other words.......DROWNING!

And..........I am afraid of heights which doesn't make sense since I am a licensed pilot. But in the plane...the feeling of security is being surrounded by metal ( the structural diety that will prevent me from falling)

Brummie..........what were you doing in MY 'burgh"...........Pittsburgh .........and when.? I will welcome anyone in this forum if they come here.

HappyDad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit