Long-time lurker introduction

by Momof4 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Momof4
    Momof4

I wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I am probably one of the longest lurkers here ever. I've been lurking for almost three years now, and I enjoy reading a lot of the posts. I'm a 3rd-gen j.w. My husband and I "faded" in 2001, and I could go on all day about our experiences before and after our exit. But I'll keep it short. When I had my first child I started to question the blood policy, not vocally of course. After the birth of my multiples, I opened up to my best friend about my concerns with this policy and my guilty conscience for even questioning the society. Amazingly, she had concerns as well for about six months but did not speak to anyone of them. She had stumbled on to a Time magazine article that dated the fall of Jerusalem to 587/86, so she had started to research on her own. She had read Crisis of Conscience and also In Search of Christian Freedom, and she recommended I read them and also the website AJWRB. What an eye-opener. Well right away I knew I had problems. My husband was an elder, we had book study in our home, my mother and father were jws as well as extended family. To make a long story short, we are all out including my best friend! It has been a very difficult experience, but it does get easier as time goes by. That's all for now, I look forward to posting in the future.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Howdy Mom! Sounds you've been through the ringer. I know I waited 13 years for Nina to leave. It's hard to leave that organization.

Glad you finally decided to take the plunge. Welcome.

• Simon
    Simon

Welcome momof4 and winner of the longest-lurker award

Hope you enjoy the site !

• kls
    kls

Geez , i can't really call you a Newbie. Welcome long timer and i am so glad for your faily and you . Please share more soon.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I thought I saw someone slinking around in the shadows.

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

Welcome, Mom of Four!

Marjorie ("alleymom" --- mom of three <s>)

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Welcome

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

Wow!!! I'm glad everyone got out, that is wonderful!!! Good to have you here, and posting!

• recoveringjw
    recoveringjw

Welcome!

You mentioned that you and you're husband got out along with other family members. I am really nosy, so I am wondering, how many including you and your husband--because I think that is very cool that so many of you got out together. One of the hardest things for me was feeling like I was all alone in my "escape". I have a good support group now (IRL and here) but to have that from the beginning is incredible.

Anyway, I am glad that you have finally "come out" of the lurker closet

Bethany

• Been there
    Been there

Welcome Momof4. You have officially been delurked!

Glad to hear you all got out. Looking forward to hearing your story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit