Former JW Conference, October 21-24 in Wenatchee WA.

by jst2laws 40 Replies latest forum announcements

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

You are invited to attend a conference of former JWs October 21-24 at 1835 N. Western in Wenatchee WA 98801. This is an annual event organized by Richard Rawe and his associates. Richard is the exjw who's story was portrayed in the "Good Faith" off Broadway play. If you are like me the word Conference conjures feeling associated the word Convention. Admittedly this may not be for most here at JWD. However, if you want to meet and listen to presentations by many prominent enemies of the Watchtower this is a place to start.

James Penton will debate Jim Whitney over the question of "War and Peace" Barbara and Joe Anderson will be there and each give presentations. Greg Stafford will be involved in several debates. Alan Feuerbacher and Jerry Bergman will debate "Evolution vs Creation" Dr. Mohammed Said and Ralph Johnson will debate "Is Islam a violent Religion?" (the Arab TV network, Al Jazeere, plans to broadcast this debate)

In addition to the debates there will be thirty minute presentations with 15 minute audience rebuttals. Others offering presentations are Chris Christensen, Bill Williams, Bruce Baker, myself and Anthony Buzzard. If you are close by, or if you are interested enough to make a long distance trip you are welcome to attend. Jst2laws

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

Wow! That sounds really interesting! I've seen Dr.Said speak before, a very eloquent man. Thanks for posting this, Just2laws!

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Greg Stafford is attending an apostate convention? Huh?

I had a feeling he'd be one of us before long...

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Yes

Stafford and Dr. Said. For those not familiar James Penton is the author of several exjw books and has just published a new one which will be available soon. Alan Feuerbache we know as AlanF and Jerry Bergman is an exjw Psychologist and author. Barbara was a key figure in the Dateline expose of the WT pedophile problem.

Jst2laws

• toreador
    toreador

How many hrs a day is the program?

• RR
    RR

Is there a website with more information about this?

RR

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

I think for me the biggest question is, can we leave the premises for lunch?

But seriously. Sounds interesting. The evolution vs. creation debate sounds a little like Godzilla vs. Bambi, but I'd love to see AlanF speak. Maybe I'll make it out there.

SNG

• Steve Egner
    Steve Egner
    I think for me the biggest question is, can we leave the premises for lunch?

That made me smile out loud!

No Hoagies, please.

Interesting program, interesting people. I'd like to go, at least one day. Carpool, anyone?

Steve

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Hey Steve,

I think I'd be up for carpooling out for a day.

SNG

• Steve Egner
    Steve Egner

SNG

It's on! Road trip...

I'll touch base with you later this month, or at the Hillsboro Octoberfest.

Steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit