Artwork portraying the coming Paradise earth.

by Blueblades 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Good topic, blueblades!

Fascinating link, jgnat!

The contrast between the opulent progressive pleasures they hold out as a hope for the future and the self-deprivation and stagnation they insist on now is quite remarkable when you think about it. I remember it well, too. Anything you might desire, however natural and harmless, got put off until the New System. "You can do that THEN. You can have that THEN. For now just focus on the preaching work. Don't make waves. Don't worry about problems. For heaven's sake, don't try to change anything. Just do what ya gotta do to get there."

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Oh, yeah-- and nice contribution, Shamus!

Seeing all those "happy day, caloo, calay" pictures of "well-deserved" death and despair is a wonderful reminder (like Corvin's vid) of why I had such horrendous nightmares growing up! My daughter shall be spared that, I say!

• seven006
    seven006

I wonder why they don't show innocent babies and cute little toddlers being blown to bits by a brimstone fire ball? Iv never seen that level of reality in the watchtowers art work. Do you think it might make their loving god look like a blood thirsty bad guy? They certainly use the guilt factor on parents saying they well be responsible for their children's destruction by their loving god if they don't turn their time slips in, why don't they show it?

You would think showing a picture of blowing the head off of a three year old would be quite effective. Little arms and legs piled up in a neat little hill of melting flesh and streaming blood. Now to me, that's effective and really shows gods loving kindness and divine plan.

If you're going to show it, show it all you mind controlling manipulative assholes!

This might be a good question in the questions from readers section.

Dave

• PurpleV
    PurpleV

Looking at the pix of the Big A, notice that all females (even doomed ones) are wearing modest skirts.

Hey Dave, how's your um.... leather seat? All healed up?

• Quotes
    Quotes

seven said:
    ======================
    I wonder why they don't show innocent babies and cute little toddlers being blown to bits by a brimstone fire ball? Iv never seen that level of reality in the watchtowers art work.
    =======================

Well, since you asked nicely, here is a little girl, with her dolly, her bicycle, and her dog. Since this was published in the predecessor to My Book of Bible Stories, perhaps we can assume they only show children being destroyed in children's books.

~Quotes, of the "Happy Happy" class

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

The above pictures are horrifying to me. What is more horrifying is that I didn't see them as horrifying during my 20 plus years as a JW.

signed:

The now ashamed of myself class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit