The end of this system in 2005?

by Brigido 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hondo
    Hondo

The year 2034? It seems so far away. It kinda blows the whole idea of the end being just around the corner, or coming soon. What will they say now? How will they sell themselves? Waiting till 2034 does not sound too enticing. If I were thinking about joining up I certainly would not be impressed with the end being so far off and having to wait that long for an earthly paradise. I would rethink joining and maybe even consider seeing what the Baptist, Lutheran's or Catholics had to offer.

Hondo

• rockhound
    rockhound

As most people in the field of "Sales" know, in order to move your product, you have to create a sense of urgency to BUY NOW. We saw a good example of this back in 1975 with the just so many months left until 1975 comes. Thousands jumped on the band wagon, and when nothing happened, hundreds of thousands left the organization. Since the change of the meaning of "Generation", the sense of urgency has dried up even more. What's the Big rush? seems to be the attitude. Also, I think that people who went through that Big Let Down are gunshy. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me for letting it happen. Third world countries are ripe a big new "Just over the next hill" date.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

WTS has learned it lesson about making dates, so it will never explicitly say: The end is in #### year.

Instead they throw out little crumbs in the WT and sit back and watch the rumor mill go into overdrive.

As with 1975, the WTS will deny ever explicitly saying the end would be in 1975, but it sure did stoke the flames of rumor as much as it could. Then when the end did not come in 1975, they blamed the rank and file of making up crap. The same will happen with 2005 and 2035.

I guarantee you that the WTS will NEVER discourage such rumor and speculation. They will only encourage it... impending doom is their bread and butter after all.

• meggidon555
    meggidon555

yeah I came to this conclusion on my own. a year ago but i don't think it's the end of the world just babylon the great the christianity and judeaism

• meggidon555
    meggidon555

oh the name jehovah's witness was started in 33

the great crowd was in 1935 the earthly hope

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar
    Does anyone else secretly hope they start pushing a date again? I mean, any excuse for a massive apostate party on Armageddon Night! :D

Yes - I feel that way too!! LMAO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit